I noticed LSU does the 'plate stomp' too....

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,833
2,974
113
It took until Sunday to see it but what is it with that? Is that a louisiana thing or something?
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,654
14,485
113
The runs still count the same whether you stomp on the plate like a toddler or step on it like a man.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,833
2,974
113
LOL! Yeah, as the old adage goes, 'Act like you've been there before'. I guess they had not been there the entire weekend.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,646
12,140
113
I guess because Manieri is the easy focal point I’ve never noticed that guy on the top right. That’s some epic melt at a baseball game.
 

Snave

Freshman
Aug 22, 2012
277
76
28
The start of the fist pump is what I just started to notice. Gifs that end too soon.
 

Maroonthirteen

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
1,975
0
0
I didn't notice either..... does LSU faux selfie at 2nd base? Shoot air bow and arrow? Wear baseball shorts?
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
It's kind of sad to see how far the LSU baseball program has fallen. Not for me, but for somebody I guess.
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
I guess because Manieri is the easy focal point I’ve never noticed that guy on the top right. That’s some epic melt at a baseball game.

At the time, that guy was a dead ringer for that fat Kellenburger kid at the CL.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,833
2,974
113
Sure we do our double dance like everybody nowadays....

I didn't notice either..... does LSU faux selfie at 2nd base? Shoot air bow and arrow? Wear baseball shorts?

Just haven't seen a lot of plate stomping except the two LA teams. Thought it might be a LA thing or something. They can stomp all they want as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the short pants thing that we are so fond of I really don't see that as showboating but I must say I am not a fan. I think it looks ridiculous. Is there supposedly a functional advantage or a benefit?

Speaking of uniform functionality. One issue I've noticed with how uniforms are worn is that most players slide head first and because the shirt is tucked into the pants they are always shaking dirt out of their britches. Gotta be uncomfortable. Might one day we see untucked baseball jerseys?
 
Last edited:

Lawdawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2012
5,352
1,215
113
They did the same in Starkville 2 years ago on an early home run. Foscue later hit a bomb to take the lead (and another later to seal the win). When he got to the plate, he emphatically stomped and stared down their dugout. And that was after jawing at them after he trotted to first on the no-doubter.

Miss that guy...
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report