Having dinner on Beale

COOL MAN

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2001
34,715
128
63
Not on Beale Street, but by all means resist any urge you have to dine at perhaps THE most overrated joint in the entire Western Hemisphere, The Rendezvous.
 

CAJUNEER_rivals

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
72,872
44
0
Not on Beale Street, but by all means resist any urge you have to dine at perhaps THE most overrated joint in the entire Western Hemisphere, The Rendezvous.
As a rejoinder to previous convos, I'm here with my daughter (visual art) previewing a college. Minimum $63,000 scholarship but she wasn't overly impressed.
 
Dec 7, 2010
20,602
120
0
Recommendations?
Dyers Burgers and Gus's Fried Chicken are two mainstays. Not exactly fine dining but they are Memphis institutions. I disagree with Cool about Rendezvous. I lived in Memphis for 7 years and have eaten at about all the great rob joints and there is something special about The Vous. Huey's is on Union a block from Beale and they have good burgers. A nicer restaurant is Flight which is a 5 minute walk from Beale.
 

CAJUNEER_rivals

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
72,872
44
0
Dyers Burgers and Gus's Fried Chicken are two mainstays. Not exactly fine dining but they are Memphis institutions. I disagree with Cool about Rendezvous. I lived in Memphis for 7 years and have eaten at about all the great rob joints and there is something special about The Vous. Huey's is on Union a block from Beale and they have good burgers. A nicer restaurant is Flight which is a 5 minute walk from Beale.
Yeah, I drove by your alma today. I ended up going to Silky's. Good service. Dry BBQ. Bland charbroiled oysters. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll probably be here frequently, so I'll have other opportunities to try your advice.
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Basketball Brenen Lorient, Javan Buchanan complete West Virginia roster
  2. 02 WV Sports Football WVU true freshmen continue to see action
  3. 03 WV Sports Basketball WVU athletes granted fifth year of eligibility by federal court
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Top-20 prospect Paul Osaruyi breaks down his official to Kentucky, reveals schools he could visit next & where things stand
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Rich Rodriguez: the offense can play better, too