Happy Anniversary!

Smolmania

Junior
Nov 4, 2008
1,460
280
83
"No, honey, I'm fine. Really, I think the mold content must be high today" (as I sit here watching this video with tears streaming down my face).

An all-time great moment
 

AdamOnFirst

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
11,555
2,739
113
With all due respect to the Purdue games, still the greatest moment in NU basketball history.

The same sense of joy mixed with profound relief and exorcism of many years of shame and disappointment felt during the entire second half of the Gator Bowl, but with several hours of emotions condensed into 2.2 seconds.
 

GatoLouco

Junior
Nov 13, 2019
5,717
221
63
Somewhere in a basement in the great Louisville area, I was screaming like a maniac.

The MI game always triggers my brain to think about the game against Rutgers that year. It was a really putrid Rutgers team, we needed to win, we were supposed to win. We did, but boy did we almost blow it.
 

Figrating

Redshirt
Dec 19, 2007
3,568
30
0
Above heroic is maybe... incredible heroic! Greatest play in NU hoops history and I doubt any other great plays are even close.
 

its_the_sauce

Senior
May 29, 2001
4,767
566
113
What a finish. To top it off my son posted some something on NU social media that night which got our entire row $10 Jersey Mikes gift cards lol.
 

CappyNU

Senior
Mar 2, 2004
5,346
658
113
Thought you were celebrating this OT win over Nebraska:

Or the 21st anniversary of the best bad Big Ten game between NU and PSU that went into 2OT and ruined the afternoon for millions of NBA fans.
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,315
282
83
If there's an HD version of the Pass clip itt, I might be able to see myself about the 1:39 mark. All the games I've been to, I never make in on tv - but that clip scans up high enough and definitely pans across my seats.
;)
 

SmellyCat

Junior
May 29, 2001
7,315
375
83
If there's an HD version of the Pass clip itt, I might be able to see myself about the 1:39 mark. All the games I've been to, I never make in on tv - but that clip scans up high enough and definitely pans across my seats.
;)
I can't tell you how many times I've watched the clip (including today) where I just fixate on a random person in the crowd and watch them turn to jubilation. One guy I saw today had the funniest cringe face right before the ball went in. You really can't go wrong watching anybody, but now I want to find you!
 

Smolmania

Junior
Nov 4, 2008
1,460
280
83
I love the way the manager runs over and grabs the ball... very disciplined effort on his part!
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,315
282
83
I can't tell you how many times I've watched the clip (including today) where I just fixate on a random person in the crowd and watch them turn to jubilation. One guy I saw today had the funniest cringe face right before the ball went in. You really can't go wrong watching anybody, but now I want to find you!
I had two seats in 112 against the back rail (great to lean back against) and a little off center, maybe 6 seats from the east side stairs there. I honestly can't remember the numbers atm.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  4. 04 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13