Hanks played fine until today. I guess it took one week to forget some of the throws he made at Michigan. Like you said OSU played soft coverage on Hecks drive. Yet of course we're going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Typical.....I know that ohio st was playing soft coverage when#10 came in but the decision making was better than anything we've seen from #9 all season
Good luck with your riot in the great Northwest.....Hecklinski starts Friday or we riot
Except he hasn't! He put the ball in danger 3 times on the final drive against Michigan 2 of them should have been picked off & not to mention us getting bailed out by the penalty after doing nothing previously!Hanks played fine until today. I guess it took one week to forget some of the throws he made at Michigan. Like you said OSU played soft coverage on his drive. Yet of course we're going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Typical.....
He certainly seemed to be much more comfortable and accurate passing on the move, which would have been a huge help against Ohio's pass rush all night.Go with Jeremy.
Roster demands it. Needs a high risk high reward guy.
This was the first game he outplayed Hank. That is a fact.I know that ohio st was playing soft coverage when#10 came in but the decision making was better than anything we've seen from #9 all season
Not really a fair deal when #10 gets to come into the game to "compete" for the starting job with 2nd string O line & 2nd and 3rd string WR's is it?This was the first game he outplayed Hank. That is a fact.
Hank earned the starting position and I wouldn’t be against seeing heck if Brown struggles the first two or three drives but we know that’s not happening so not really worth debating
"Hank played fine until today." Did he? He was lucky as hell on most of those plays vs. Michigan--tipped balls, guy coming in from out of bounds to catch it. He made a perfect pass on that game-winning play. No doubt about that. One memorable play for sure. But he was totally exposed vs. OSU. Poor decision-making, missing WIDE OPEN receivers all over the field in the first half. Holding the ball for an eternity, then coughing it up to set up OSU's first TD. Throwing the INT. Getting sacked, mostly because he continued to hold the ball instead of getting rid of it.Hanks played fine until today. I guess it took one week to forget some of the throws he made at Michigan. Like you said OSU played soft coverage on Hecks drive. Yet of course we're going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Typical.....
KF hated every snap that Banks, Tate, Stanzi, and Beathard took. But he was fine with Christensen, Rudock, Petras and, OMG, Hill. About 99 percent of coaches would have held open tryouts before they let Hill anywhere near a Big Ten QB job, but not KF. The evidence is everywhere. KF is an offensive line coach who named his unqualified son not only OC but also QB coach! OMG! What else do you need to know? The man may be a lot of things, but a master of QBs he is not.Was Drew Tate like fingernails on a chalk board for KF? If so, why did he go along with him as QB? KOK?
As I mentioned last week, there were 2-3 should have been interceptions in that drive. We got the bounces. What happens when the sun is not warming our behind? I saw the offense look crisp when Heck was in. I’d like to see more of that.Hanks played fine until today. I guess it took one week to forget some of the throws he made at Michigan. Like you said OSU played soft coverage on Hecks drive. Yet of course we're going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Typical.....
Your first two sentences prove you don't have a realistic bone in your body. Banks came here as a JC transfer who had played very little QB, none at D1. He was a WR when he got to college. He played some and then ALL of the 2002 year. Tate played some as a freshman and that had a great career. I can assure you (if you;d take the blinders off and stop bringing up nonsense from decades ago) If Kirk "hated" Tate playing, he would have been playing. Stanzi was as erratic as Hell when he first got his shot, and it wasn't all that big a difference from Christenson initially. Ruddock wasn't all that bad, (left here and started the next season at Michigan and was in the NFL several years. (he must have been trash though).KF hated every snap that Banks, Tate, Stanzi, and Beathard took. But he was fine with Christensen, Rudock, Petras and, OMG, Hill. About 99 percent of coaches would have held open tryouts before they let Hill anywhere near a Big Ten QB job, but not KF. The evidence is everywhere. KF is an offensive line coach who named his unqualified son not only OC but also QB coach! OMG! What else do you need to know? The man may be a lot of things, but a master of QBs he is not.
We will probably get that chance. I think people forget that Heck threw a few of the same type of risky bad passes against NI when he did play, which might have led to his not being QB1. I think it was critical that by game three Kirk decided on one guy, and Brown played well the first three games overall, and appeared to be rising. Not sure why we should have pulled him out. We might be starting over now. I guess we;ll see if that's a good thing or not.As I mentioned last week, there were 2-3 should have been interceptions in that drive. We got the bounces. What happens when the sun is not warming our behind? I saw the offense look crisp when Heck was in. I’d like to see more of that.
Hawkeye Report Football
Snap Counts: Iowa defense vs #5 Ohio State
Hawkeye Report Football
Snap Counts: Iowa offense vs #5 Ohio State
Hawkeye Report Football
Iowa Football News and Notes
Hawkeye Report Football
Five Things: Breaking down the Hawkeyes loss to Ohio State
Hawkeye Report Football
Hawkeye Report Podcast