Coaching Search

mdupchurch

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2018
998
1,083
0
Being said by Trilly he has heard Nate Oats will not be involved. Said Mark Pope and Travis Ford are candidates.

If Mitch hires Mark Pope or Travis Ford, can we all agree to start a riot? I’ll never watch a Kentucky game again.
I wonder if that means Oats has already said he's not interested, or if it means UK is not interested?

Also, you don't get fired at SLU and then get considered for the UK job. I don't believe Ford for a second
Pope I can believe since he's had success, but I still don't think he's a serious contender. But this could help him land a lucrative extension there at BYU
 

DaDirtyLeb69

Heisman
Jan 4, 2022
46,013
73,780
113
I really don’t want Drew I’d rather have Pope than Drew if it comes down to that. I hope Donovan says yes then if this is what it is….
Disagree on the pope/drew debate. Drew has actually won something and gets good players, Drew isn’t my first choice but he wouldn’t be terrible
 
  • Like
Reactions: jessieshorts8
Jul 11, 2007
27,222
34,299
0
Hurley or Oats would both be HOME RUN hires.

Drew would be a 1B hire. Also Jay Wright because he doesn't have the most tread left on the tires (but as a coach there is none better).
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

OldSmoky

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2007
2,710
1,001
113
SCRATCH JAY WRIGHT, AND DONAVON OFF THE LIST PERIOD. both have been out of the college game too long now. no connections with recruiting and the nil. Now realistic names are in no order DAN HURLEY, TOMMY LLOYD, NATE OATS, CHRIS BEARD, BRUCE PEARL SCOTT DREW. HATE ANY OR ALL, BUT THOSE WILL BE THE REAL PLAYERS IN THIS SEARCH. PS DONT COUNT OUT RICK PITINO
 

CrimsonCats_rivals

All-Conference
Mar 22, 2022
1,772
3,642
61
Per Pilgrim

Will Wade is interested in the job. How would you feel about him?
We could do a lot worse for an on-court coach. The baggage from LSU is obviously the issue with him. What he got caught doing there is basically legal now, so your mileage may vary how big of a deal you think it is. Personally, I’d feel a little bit icky about it because of the attitude he had during that whole saga. Someone who cheats with that much bravado would likely do it again even if the specifics would be different this time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dc513
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026
  3. 03 KSR Cats in the NFL BBNFL Week 4: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone (again)
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB has a versatile trio of 6-foot-5 Wildcats: 'We call them our 6-5s'
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky is very familiar with LSU QB Sam Leavitt