wanderingspectator.wordpress.com
Here’s my writeup from our trip last year after the Purdue game.
tl;dr We had a great time. Get the City Pass and use it to the max. Good food doesn’t have to be expensive. Get a Chicago dog and deep dish pizza. If you’re into coffee, check out Starbucks Roastery.
![]()
Wandering in the Windy City!
I bet your bottom dollar you’ll have some fun in Chicago!wanderingspectator.wordpress.com
I love Chicago.I miss Chicago….
I’m in Glencoe and can walk to Ravinia. But anybody training to Ravinia from city should get off at Ravinia Park (limited service, but close) or Braeside.I saw steeley dan and Lenny kravitz at Ravinia
take the train from GlencoeRavinia Festival | Official Site | 2023 Season Information
Park details and highlights from Ravinia's 2023 Schedulewww.ravinia.org
I suggested the train cause it’s festive. Maybe we rode from winnekta, can’t rememberI grew up in Northbrook and yes this place is great. The Palmer House Hilton is a cool place to stay - has an awesome lobby. It's very old and historic and as such not all the rooms are the same - I have been in small rooms and ones with 2 bathroom in it - I always ask for a large room when checking in. Visctory Tap on Michigan ave is a preety cool old world type Italian Restaurant - dark wood inside and good food.
On a slightly more serious note, the Italian Hot Beef sandwich in Chicago ranks with the Philly Cheese Steak, the Baltimore Pit Beef, the Los Angeles French Dip, and a few others as a great American beef sandwich. The good ones sound like they could be from Philly -- Tony's, Luke's, Nana's, Johnnie's, Al's -- but they're awfully good.
BWI Football
Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin
BWI Football
Top Tuesday takeaways from Penn State offensive coordinator Taylor Mouser: On 3rd and long runs, red zone issues, more
BWI Football
Penn State head coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: Northwestern
BWI Football
Live updates: Matt Campbell weekly press conference
BWI Recruiting
Photos: Top recruits flock to Happy Valley for Penn State's latest home game