CCL Pick 'Em

MsDavis10

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2019
173
193
43
One of the better weeks in terms of CCL matchups and not many of those games have their own thread. It’s a shame we haven’t been able to discuss them in the pick’em thread this week.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DirtySixThirty

tuccs

Senior
Sep 30, 2011
867
844
93
I hadn't considered that possibility.
I couldn't care less about providence. They were going to get smoked by the beloved with or without their drama.


I am fighting my own holy war with a parish that wants to give my 2nd grade daughter communion before she receives first penance....I know I am not in Chicago anymore but that seems strange and so rather than work on HS lines I have been emailing the Joliet Diocese.

Thank you to ESCC fan for picking up my slack!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Louie1999

DirtySixThirty

Freshman
Aug 20, 2026
188
89
28
I couldn't care less about providence. They were going to get smoked by the beloved with or without their drama.


I am fighting my own holy war with a parish that wants to give my 2nd grade daughter communion before she receives first penance....I know I am not in Chicago anymore but that seems strange and so rather than work on HS lines I have been emailing the Joliet Diocese.

Thank you to ESCC fan for picking up my slack!
Yes, that's definitely a higher priority! I'm an adult convert, and I don't profess to be an expert on the rules, but I definitely had to go to Confession before receiving communion (also in the Diocese of Joliet).
 
  • Like
Reactions: tuccs and Louie1999

Louie1999

Sophomore
Sep 13, 2025
129
142
43
I couldn't care less about providence. They were going to get smoked by the beloved with or without their drama.


I am fighting my own holy war with a parish that wants to give my 2nd grade daughter communion before she receives first penance....I know I am not in Chicago anymore but that seems strange and so rather than work on HS lines I have been emailing the Joliet Diocese.

Thank you to ESCC fan for picking up my slack!
Haha this is great. I just had this battle two years ago as well luckily my parish changed course and realized it was wrong. Also Joliet Diocese. They do stuff really wrong out here. You can always take her to a different parish and explain the situation to a priest and have her get her first confession first. Code of canon law 914 explains clearly confession must proceed communion
 
Last edited:
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Week 8 EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Video: Loyola 38 St. Ignatius 7
  3. 03 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Rivals Riser: Illinois WR commit Bennett Konkey earns his fourth star
  5. 05 CaneSport football recruiting Power ranking the five best Miami recruits I saw on the road in September