***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,117
7,237
113
And do they always have security guards rushing in when a player is in the escape lane?🤷‍♂️
And that's what makes this even worse, like CDJ's non TD return worse. Its the rules being clearly spelled out, and then lets just make stuff up that contradicts everything after the fact.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,164
9,363
113
Absolutely, because he knew she had entered the fans area....
This is what I posted earlier, when I mentioned the seating.

If Wilson stayed in the escape lane, then why did the arena put seating in it? And another thing, you mean to tell me that when she made her final approach toward the fan, she looked down to make sure she was still in the zone? LMAO.

Something just doesn't add up. She saw the line and stopped, making sure she was still in the safety lane? SMH.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wobmam Rulez!

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,517
27,083
113
I'm looking forward to tonight's game being a display of solid, fundamental basketball and nothing else.
Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 

gohawks50

Heisman
Dec 28, 2010
3,271
12,193
113
FB has a bunch of fake articles saying Wilson has been suspended. One of my FB friends shared one of those articles. I replied to her and told her it wasn't true. Wilson will be playing tonight. I don't think she believed me. My prediction is there will be a lot of outraged casual fans at home when Aja takes the floor tonight.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: oldhawk56

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,277
6,800
113
Hoping CC and the Fever pull it out, but I'm so exhausted with WNBA drama garbage and we're 4 weeks into football season, so I haven't been watching. If the Fever do win, I hope CC is still able to make it to Iowa City somehow.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,164
9,363
113
Hoping CC and the Fever pull it out, but I'm so exhausted with WNBA drama garbage and we're 4 weeks into football season, so I haven't been watching. If the Fever do win, I hope CC is still able to make it to Iowa City somehow.
It pains me to say it. but this is not going to turn out well for Indy tonight. :( @AFM22 what do you see from the future?
 

oldhawk56

All-Conference
Feb 24, 2010
648
1,135
93
Because the WNBA, like every professional league, makes every effort to keep their best players playing.

Do you want the rule book followed to it's exact wording and a foul called on CC every time she pushes off? Of course not, no one does...fans want the best players playing as much as possible. CC pushed a player into the basket stanchion last night away from the play, which would have been an easy flagrant if they wanted to, but nothing was called and nothing came of it...which is perfectly fine.

Why do you think it is that Fever/CC fans think Aja gets a special whistle and just as many Aces/Wilson fans think CC gets a special whistle?

Because they BOTH get a special whistle at times...like just about every great player before them.
Or the officiating is just bad....
 

Ludd

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,985
5,845
113
This is going to be ridiculous….Clark going to get fouled out by the third quarter.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Ranking the top 25 players Iowa WBB will face during the 2026-27 season
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Tracking where Iowa's recruits play this week
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Ohio State's starters as recruits
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Iowa's starters as recruits
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Recruit Visits: Five-stars flood College Station, Starkville leads a loaded recruiting Saturday in week five