***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

I am no one

All-Conference
Feb 3, 2025
1,645
1,735
113
Whistles for regular play are one thing. Stepping across the line into FANS territory has long been something that's not tolerated. That has nothing to do with regular plays during the game. EVERY league has specific rules about players making aggressive moves against fans. Its clearly stated that NO player may leave the court and enter into the fans area on their own. This is marked by crossing the end line when not in continuation of a play, (by rule). This is a rule recognized in EVERY sport. Each league also has clear rules about bench players leaving the bench to enter confrontations. Yes, I'd expect Clark to get tossed if she left the floor and went after a fan, but she's never done that. Why should Wilson be given a pass on a concrete rule every league has put in place to avoid the chance of a player vs fan confrontation? Clark got her sixth foul and was removed from the game PER the rule. Wilson broke a much bigger rule, as it applies to fan-player safety and the rule (12A section 4 of the players code of conduct), clearly calls for an immediate ejection. Why was she not ejected?
Because the powers that run the freak show called the W are a bunch of gutless amateurs who employ toadies to blow enough whistles to keep the games in line with what the sistas want. Tonight will be ugly count on it..
 

I am no one

All-Conference
Feb 3, 2025
1,645
1,735
113

P is like a little rat who smiles at you while sharpening her knife .All you need to know about her is the chicken **** carping about CC at the all star game . She held the scoring record for NCAA and no one knew it until CC came along -still slow a burn Karen
 

chipackhawk

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2018
691
1,699
93
The same kind of thing has happened in the NBA without a suspension.

The same kind of thing has happened in the NFL without a suspension (even when a player made contact w/ a fan).

Nothing is "concrete" in the rules.
I think your recollection of how these events were handled is a bit hazy. The WNBA is the only professional sports league that throws its fans under the bus immediately after a perceived incident and makes every effort to protect its players - even when they are completely at fault. The tail wags the dog and the dog has PTSD.
 

KurtWarner

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2025
1,094
2,791
113
I looked yesterday and it looked like the game was only streaming. Did USA just pick up the game? Yep, its going to be a brawl, and its pretty clear by the foul discrepancy has gone both of the first two games how that's going to go. Fever better be hitting their three's when they're not pounding the paint again.
I did too. And it said it was on prime. Then yesterday evening I told someone it was on prime and they said no it wasn't, so I looked again and then it showed it was on a network
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawksfor3

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,101
7,212
113
You have zero objectivity when it comes to her. That was a clear and obvious 6th foul on CC. There was no arguing from anyone. And Wilson didn't taunt Clark. They didn't "toss" Clark from the game she got a 6th foul that was obvious to everyone and fouled out of the game.
I guess others have disagreed, and not just Clark fans on how Wilson reacted. So I'll ask you since Legends take is just forget the rules, when it comes to the leagues stars. Why was Wilson not ejected from the game for entering the fan area as per league rules as an automatic ejection? And don't give me some crap that I'm "not objective" about this question. Does the leagues rule say she should have been ejected? Why was she not?
 
  • Like
Reactions: chipackhawk

pablow

All-American
Mar 13, 2010
1,318
6,921
113
Because the powers that run the freak show called the W are a bunch of gutless amateurs who employ toadies to blow enough whistles to keep the games in line with what the sistas want. Tonight will be ugly count on it..
Yes, I would assume the league will have a trauma therapist courtside tonight just in case someone hurts A'ja feelings again.
 

The Big Z

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
2,051
3,970
113
I guess others have disagreed, and not just Clark fans on how Wilson reacted. So I'll ask you since Legends take is just forget the rules, when it comes to the leagues stars. Why was Wilson not ejected from the game for entering the fan area as per league rules as an automatic ejection? And don't give me some crap that I'm "not objective" about this question. Does the leagues rule say she should have been ejected? Why was she not?
I agree with you that she should have been ejected.
 
Dec 4, 2001
5,843
19,061
113
Not to mention that all five Aces players on the court went to the spot as well. You could argue that some of them went there simply to defuse the situation, but at least a couple of them were jawing with fans too.

Having said that, I hope the league doesn’t suspend Wilson or anyone else. It would be a shame to taint the outcome of the series on account of Wilson losing her composure for a couple of minutes.
Under your analysis, CC should not get technical fouls for losing her composure from time to time, the accumulation of which almost cost her a one-game suspension.
 
Last edited:

TJ8869

All-American
Dec 16, 2022
2,702
5,257
113
Under your analysis, CC should not get technical fouls for losing her composure for time to time, the accumulation of which almost cost her a one-game suspension.
It's not an analysis, it's an opinion. I want the Fever to beat the Aces straight up. If Wilson got suspended and the Fever won the series, the Haitlins would keep saying the only reason they won is because of white privilege.

Then again, the Haitlins are going to dream up new reasons to be pissed off anyway.
 
Dec 4, 2001
5,843
19,061
113
It's not an analysis, it's an opinion. I want the Fever to beat the Aces straight up. If Wilson got suspended and the Fever won the series, the Haitlins would keep saying the only reason they won is because of white privilege.

Then again, the Haitlins are going to dream up new reasons to be pissed off anyway.
Agree with your last sentence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tom Paris

chipackhawk

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2018
691
1,699
93
I guess others have disagreed, and not just Clark fans on how Wilson reacted. So I'll ask you since Legends take is just forget the rules, when it comes to the leagues stars. Why was Wilson not ejected from the game for entering the fan area as per league rules as an automatic ejection? And don't give me some crap that I'm "not objective" about this question. Does the leagues rule say she should have been ejected? Why was she not?
Very simple - the moment was too big for these dopes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rifler

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,475
27,028
113
At most, the WNBA will fine her. Prove me wrong, Cathy!

Under official WNBA rules, any coach, player, or trainer who deliberately enters the spectator stands during a game faces an automatic ejection and a report to the commissioner, which can lead to further fines or suspensions.

An NBA player is automatically ejected and faces potential suspension if they deliberately go into the spectator stands during a game.



Not even a fine.

 

Tom Paris

Heisman
Oct 1, 2001
144,509
20,370
113
My question to the board is, if Aja, and her teammates came up to you in the stands and started aggressively yelling at you, would you have just sat there? I’m not saying you start throwing punches because that would be idiotic, but sitting there isn’t the safest thing to do to protect yourself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawksfor3

The Big Z

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
2,051
3,970
113
My question to the board is, if Aja, and her teammates came up to you in the stands and started aggressively yelling at you, would you have just sat there? I’m not saying you start throwing punches because that would be idiotic, but sitting there isn’t the safest thing to do to protect yourself.
The guy did the smart thing. He didn’t do anything.
 

Franisdaman

Heisman
Nov 3, 2012
17,475
27,028
113
My question to the board is, if Aja, and her teammates came up to you in the stands and started aggressively yelling at you, would you have just sat there? I’m not saying you start throwing punches because that would be idiotic, but sitting there isn’t the safest thing to do to protect yourself.

I think most people would laugh or smile and think that security is gonna pull the players back.

How many times has this ever happened, where a WNBA player actually goes into the stands?

This league is a joke and a constant embarrassment.
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
21,980
42,575
113
Wonder what's going to happen tonight that will distract us from the actual game.
 

TJ8869

All-American
Dec 16, 2022
2,702
5,257
113
My question to the board is, if Aja, and her teammates came up to you in the stands and started aggressively yelling at you, would you have just sat there? I’m not saying you start throwing punches because that would be idiotic, but sitting there isn’t the safest thing to do to protect yourself.
I would hope like hell that she or one of her teammates physically hit me without provocation. Then I would lawyer up at 9:00am the next day.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Tracking where Iowa's recruits play this week
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Ohio State's starters as recruits
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Iowa's starters as recruits
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Recruit Visits: Five-stars flood College Station, Starkville leads a loaded recruiting Saturday in week five
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Budmayr keeps improvement mindset with receivers