***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,189
113
Falling Down Oops GIF by Minnesota State University Moorhead
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,020
9,189
113
ARGHHHHH..... this team.... you blink and it's boom, boom, boom, boom, 8-0 run for the opponent.

A'ja is blocking everything.
That's the thing that bugs me. They have a period of time where it's close. The other team punches them, and they have to play like heck to come back. And, it's happened more than once in the same game before. Can't sustain. Hole diggers.
 

Manfredi

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
1,613
2,820
113
With how often you hear how banged up Boston is...and she got hurt in Unrivaled(and going to play next year also)...with the expanded 50 game season next year and the vastly upgraded salaries...when are teams not going to allow it or consider it when they decide how much they will offer them in a contract?
 
Feb 25, 2008
32,384
31,383
113
-Refs are helping the Aces/Aja when they don't need help, but they're gonna do it anyways

-Timpson looks good at times and really has improved this year....but she costs herself SO many gotdam layup opportunities because she brings the ball down rather than keeping it high and finishing from that point. It's merely a habit/impulse and something she needs to break herself of if she wants to take the next step.

-We already knew the Fever defense was trash, so this half of play is no surprise. Terrible help defense, playing scared and passive, regardless of the fact that you have to worry about the refs hunting for fouls, and they're just so slow to react and anticipate what's happening around them. Fire everyone.

-Caitlin looks checked out as f***.
 

IowaCityLit

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2025
1,561
2,477
113
I think the Fever are further away from being a title contending team than most realize. And absent of blowing up the roster I don’t think they will get there.

I think the Big 3 are exciting and dynamic. Just think their actual limitations individually and collectively lower their ceiling. I think it’s a roster that has to be reimagined. Not tinkered with.
 

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,523
113
I think the Fever are further away from being a title contending team than most realize. And absent of blowing up the roster I don’t think they will get there.

I think the Big 3 are exciting and dynamic. Just think their actual limitations individually and collectively lower their ceiling. I think it’s a roster that has to be reimagined. Not tinkered with.

They've got 3 players that would start or see meaningful minutes on any other playoff team and one of them is hurt.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football The Chuck Long Podcast
  3. 03 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Field Hockey comes from behind, defeats Ohio State in a non-conference meeting
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Ten Thoughts on Iowa Football