***CC22 and the Fever mega thread***

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,514
113
I think this is valid. Not sure I trust the front office to find the right players. Especially given the payroll situation.

That's the big question.

They've done alright around the edges and drafting but a lot of their big contract moves have not panned out.
 

Manfredi

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
1,613
2,816
113
Give up a pick to get off of Lexi or Mo's contract and hope the other one gets better than being almost useless in the offseason.
I don't think adding 1 player is going to change much. You have 3 star players that want to live on the 3 point line and have serious defensive limitations. It's great Boston has added the 3 pointer to her bag but it kills us inside leaving Timpson who is not a post to handle the other teams bigs. jmo
 

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,514
113
I don't think adding 1 player is going to change much. You have 3 star players that want to live on the 3 point line and have serious defensive limitations. It's great Boston has added the 3 pointer to her bag but it kills us inside leaving Timpson who is not a post to handle the other teams bigs. jmo

I think Boston was on the perimeter a lot this year for a couple reasons.

1) Billings was a bust and they moved to KK who I would bet made less than 5 shots outside the paint all season. So they needed Aliyah on the perimeter to free up spacing for Kelsey snd Caitlin.

2) When Aliyah was in the paint on offense she really struggled finishing. So I'm wondering if she hasn't been getting her normal lift due to her nagging injury.
 

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,514
113
Don’t know who you pick on that one. Lexi’s career is on the downslide now since it seems she more cares about making money through her side hustles. Mo is a backup making starter money.

It's tough. Mo made the USA qualifying team this spring so I assume she still has some value but CC giving up on her halfway through the season hurts that. I would still try and trade her, hope Timpson keeps getting better, and lock Lexi in a gym until she gets her shot back.
 

Manfredi

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
1,613
2,816
113
Bad timing since A'ja just torched them but either Timpson or Boston.

Idk who third is but it's a distant third.
I was thinking Timpson also. Her biggest issue is getting stuck against players she has no business defending. She was a project and is still a work in progress but I like her. If they could trade a couple albatross contracts if they included a player...to me everyone is on the table.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WDSMHawk

WDSMHawk

All-Conference
Jun 30, 2019
1,720
4,514
113
I was thinking Timpson also. Her biggest issue is getting stuck against players she has no business defending. She was a project and is still a work in progress but I like her. If they could trade a couple albatross contracts if they included a player...to me everyone is on the table.

She's not strong enough to bang on the inside yet. But she could be a cheat code on defense if she continues to get better at it.
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,010
9,175
113
Fever are toast and it looks like their season will come to an abrupt end Tuesday night in Indy.
Sure looking like it. Not a championship contender for sure. Roster is unbalanced, with too many players not complementing one another. Too many holes defensively. Good enough to get in the playoffs, but a long way off from real contention.
 

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,637
3,191
113
Can’t wait for Linda Cohn’s take on this game lol. What an idiot! Aja Wilson removed herself from the USA FIBA team in order to avoid being upstaged by Clark in Germany…. you can’t make this stuff up.
 

Tom Paris

Heisman
Oct 1, 2001
144,473
20,327
113
Can’t wait for Linda Cohn’s take on this game lol. What an idiot! Aja Wilson removed herself from the USA FIBA team in order to avoid being upstaged by Clark in Germany…. you can’t make this stuff up.
Linda’s WNBA takes are beyond stupid.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Field Hockey comes from behind, defeats Ohio State in a non-conference meeting
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Ten Thoughts on Iowa Football
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football FILM BREAKDOWN: Every Hank Brown pass attempt from the game against Michigan
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 4 released