Byrd Update on KSR+

Crestcat

Senior
Sep 5, 2025
302
478
63
i get he is highly rated in the portal. but is he really a good fit for the stuff pope wants to do? love his defense and intangibles but his last 3 years at SDSU:
  • 40% FG, 30% 3FG
  • 38% FG, 30% 3FG
  • 38% FG, 31% 3FG
with shooting numbers like that....not exactly the big time scorer we all are looking for
Consistent
 

Cerberus

Freshman
Mar 17, 2026
64
78
18
This season is sink or swim for Pope. They'll be a new AD when next season ends. If it's someone from outside the UK family, and I'd be shocked if it isn't, they're going to want their man coaching the team.
Man I hope you’re correct on the AD. I’ll just say I’ll believe it when I see it. If it’s Hill that would be a big disappointment IMO.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Jerone Morton opens up on knee injury: 'Everything happens for a reason'
  2. 02 KSR Football Watch Will Stein's guest spot with KSR's own Matt Jones on ESPN Radio
  3. 03 KSR Basketball Mark Pope does not expect imminent roster, staff additions ahead of 2026-27 season
  4. 04 KSR Cats in the NBA Charlotte Traded for Rob Dillingham, Then Quickly Cut the Former Cat
  5. 05 KSR Podcasts KSR Football Podcast: Successful September has Kentucky in the Top 25