I was without service for most of the day so I kept up with what I could. Same ****? Dropped passes, poor blocking, dumb play calls, poor vanilla defense as a whole, our QB looks like a wing t HS QB that was primarily a WR? Pretty much cover it?
Hey Jake, you know you can't talk bad about the team or Dan Mullen. People on here will try to burn your house down. I been saying for years Mullen is not a great coach. He could be if he would humble himself but that won't happen. Dan needs to go and pay someone worth 4.5 million
I also was with out service so instead of unboarding my windows and clearing the yard of debris (jax Fl) I went to a nearby sports bar and was surrounded by Auburn fans (awarning sign from God) and endured 3 painful hours. We had a chance to take a early lead but Graves missed a fg and it was downhill from there porous defense, Fitzgerald played like crap shoulda been yanked in second qtr after being down 21-0. Complete disgrace (reminds me of watching South Carolina beating the hell outta us in 1995) .Changes need to be made imho.
Get the 17 over yourself. Mullen has not been this bad "for years".
We were the Flounder of the college football world today.
I was without service for most of the day so I kept up with what I could. Same ****? Dropped passes, poor blocking, dumb play calls, poor vanilla defense as a whole, our QB looks like a wing t HS QB that was primarily a WR? Pretty much cover it?
2010 was a great coaching job
2014 was a great coaching job
Saying oh man this coach isn't good for 7 years is a BS prediction. 90% coaches eventually fail. Thats life. But to say he was never great after the best stretch in program history is just stupid. I think his time has come and we need to move on but you can say the guy was good and still think he is ****** now.
He's not a great coach, he's average at best! Relative to 2010, the majority of that team was Croom's talent. Not sure if you remember but we dropped off big time in 2011 when we went 7-6. Mullen would likely have been fired after the 2013 season because of the 2012 collapse and the continuation into 2013 but Damien Williams saved his *** against Arkansas in overtime after he got two QBs hurt because of the way he used them and then low and behold Prescott had to tell him what to do to beat Mississippi!
I'm sorry, other than the three game stretch of LSU, ATM and Auburn, I thought he and that jackass Hevesy did their usual "we know more than everyone else" job which resulted in us getting our asses handed to us AGAIN by Alabama and Mississippi and subsequently GT. DAN MULLEN and JOHN HEVESY cost us the SEC West in 2014 and likely more.
If you want to be reminded of some more details about those games and that period I will be happy to give you refresher. We won over the last two years because of the greatest QB in school history masking the weaknesses of Dan Mullen and John Hevesy! That is very clear by what is happening in Starkville and Dallas in 2016!
He is not a good coach and they both need to be gone NOW!
Tell me more about this great talent Croom had. You don't think maybe Dan coached them up? Dan took Chris Relf from nothing and rode him to 9 wins. You think Dak would have been as good as he was without good coaching? Look I am over Dan. His run is over and it's time to move on. But without him coaching these players thay "saved his ***" what would these past few years have been like? He deserves credit for a great stretch of football just as he deserves blame for the shitshow we have seen this season.
If your idea of a "great" coach is someone who can come to MSU and win 9 or 10 games every year, have top 10 recruiting, and beat top 25 teams more often than the beat us then I have bad news: we will never have a "great" coach.
You gave Crooms Talent credit for 2010. Right there in your post. But are unwilling to give Dan credit for coaching. All of the players in 2014 and 15 were Dans. So who gets the credit? Not saying the O line was great. Not a fan of Hevesy. Those were GREAT seasons by MSU standards.
You can continue to use way too many exclamation points and think that 8+ wins at MSU is underachieving. I will continue to understand that while the Dan Mullen era is justifiably drawing to a close he did have several seasons that are among the best this school has had.
That's right, the majority of that team was Croom's talent YES OR NO? Did Dan Mullen recruit and sign the majority of the 2010 team, YES OR NO?
I also said Dan Mullen is an average coach, he is NOT a great coach! I also said Dak Prescott masked a great deal of the problems with our team over the last two seasons. NOT once did I say that Dan Mullen should not get ANY credit for anything that occurred during his tenure; those were your words sir!
If you're going to argue with me on my position, have the common sense to interpret and quote me correctly, if not then again, I can't help your ignorance!
Relative to your comment about great season(s); a great season does not make a great coach!
One other thing, my evaluation of the yankee goes far beyond the win/loss column.
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar