Brayland Skinner

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,445
31,660
113
I'd never heard of this kid 2 weeks ago. He may be my favorite player now.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Not sure I've ever seen such a ninja move at such a high rate of speed. Changes the whole game if he gets tagged out there.
 

WilCoDawg

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2012
5,264
3,654
113
He’s a twin with older twin sisters. His parents hit the lottery.***
He’s considered a senior which sucks. Hopefully he can garner an extra year since he spent 3yrs at NWCC.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Not sure I've ever seen such a ninja move at such a high rate of speed. Changes the whole game if he gets tagged out there.

Absolutely, especially since it was a super risky move to send him there with no outs. Anybody else on the team and it’s probably an out and a big momentum killer that I’m not sure we would’ve overcome.
 

MeridianDog

Freshman
Sep 3, 2008
3,226
80
48
Incredible player. Happy to see him play. One thing for certain. He puts everything into the effort he gives.

Good MSU Representative.
 

MSUDawg25

Redshirt
Jan 21, 2010
2,088
1
38
He’s a twin with older twin sisters. His parents hit the lottery.***
He’s considered a senior which sucks. Hopefully he can garner an extra year since he spent 3yrs at NWCC.

According to hailstate.com he’s a sophomore eligibility-wise. Maybe a senior academically.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,243
14,767
113
He just moves like an incredible athlete. I really hope he can hit well enough to stay in the lineup, because his ceiling is very high.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,695
12,421
113
I sit in LF and every inning he trots out he has a big smile on his face, he interacts w/ fans, gets a bite fo eat occasionally and genuinely seems to be having a blast
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
One of my all time favorite Diamond Dogs is Luis Pollorena. He'd do anything for his club. Skinner reminds me of him that regard.

I’ll never forget Cohen using Pollo as a pinch hitter against LSU in bottom of the ninth in Hoover and thinking he had lost his dang mind. And then Pollo ties the game on a sac fly and we win in extras. I seem to remember him scoring a walk off run as a pinch runner a time or two, as well. Just a great Bulldog.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,651
14,469
113
I seem to remember him scoring a walk off run as a pinch runner a time or two, as well. Just a great Bulldog.

I feel like one of those was in the Supers at UVA. Or maybe his at bat just tied it up or got us the lead.
 

josebrown

All-Conference
Aug 4, 2008
3,236
1,381
113
One of my all time favorite Diamond Dogs is Luis Pollorena. He'd do anything for his club. Skinner reminds me of him that regard.

my sentiments exactly. I hope Skinner gets that hammy all healed up, maybe he can play first some while working on it....just a thought. I’d trust Skinner doing anything, much like Pollo, if we could get his bat back in the lineup....DH or first sounds good to me for a while until he’s ready, of course I wouldn’t want him replacing Luke at DH so first it is....Skinner and Leggett would be much better on the right side if you ask me, taking their bats into account. And I’d tell Skinner not to hit it on the ground...
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?