There’s not enough teams to fill all the bowls. How would we get left out?
I hope you are right. Just seems like there’s only two or three spots left and we should’ve been announced to one already. I wonder if OM and us are fighting over a spot somewhere.
Arkansas got the Texas Bowl
OM got Outback
I count 14 unfilled slots, maybe 12 if Birmingham/Armed Forces is canceled. We're going to be fine. Worst case there are more opt-outs and we play Tennessee in the Liberty Bowl or something.
I believe that leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, and us, with 4 SEC tie-ins on the board, although 1 of them (either Armed Forces or Birmingham) probably canceled.
Most likely South Carolina to Gasparilla, Tennessee to Liberty, and us to whatever isn't canceled.
UAB is in the Gasparilla Bowl. Assuming they send South Carolina there, it looks like Army or Tulsa? I'm eyeballing it, but I'm not seeing who else is lined up to get one and hasn't been announced yet. Should be at least 1 more team out there though.
Maroon and White Football
2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
Maroon and White Baseball
"This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
Maroon and White Football
"Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS