Bowl game

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
No clue, but looks like the Texas Bowl has TcU and need an opponent. Gasparilla bowl needs an opponent for UAB too.

I’m beginning to become concerned we are getting left out. Hope I’m wrong.
 

msudawg1200

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2012
1,072
1,014
113
We ain't getting left out. One of either the Armed Forces or Birmingham is about to be cancelled. We will get Army in which one doesn't.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
There’s not enough teams to fill all the bowls. How would we get left out?

I hope you are right. Just seems like there’s only two or three spots left and we should’ve been announced to one already. I wonder if OM and us are fighting over a spot somewhere.
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
Either there will be an even number of teams who want a bowl and no one will be left out, or there will be an odd number and 1 team who wants one will be left out. But either way, that 1 team won't be us.
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
I hope you are right. Just seems like there’s only two or three spots left and we should’ve been announced to one already. I wonder if OM and us are fighting over a spot somewhere.

I count 14 unfilled slots, maybe 12 if Birmingham/Armed Forces is canceled. We're going to be fine. Worst case there are more opt-outs and we play Tennessee in the Liberty Bowl or something.
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
Arkansas got the Texas Bowl
OM got Outback

I believe that leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, and us, with 4 SEC tie-ins on the board, although 1 of them (either Armed Forces or Birmingham) probably canceled.

Most likely South Carolina to Gasparilla, Tennessee to Liberty, and us to whatever isn't canceled.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
I count 14 unfilled slots, maybe 12 if Birmingham/Armed Forces is canceled. We're going to be fine. Worst case there are more opt-outs and we play Tennessee in the Liberty Bowl or something.

Good. I certainly don’t have a source on this. Just felt like after following Twitter for the last hour that our window to get a spot was super small.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
I believe that leaves South Carolina, Tennessee, and us, with 4 SEC tie-ins on the board, although 1 of them (either Armed Forces or Birmingham) probably canceled.

Most likely South Carolina to Gasparilla, Tennessee to Liberty, and us to whatever isn't canceled.

TN got Liberty Bowl
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
UAB is in the Gasparilla Bowl. Assuming they send South Carolina there, it looks like Army or Tulsa? I'm eyeballing it, but I'm not seeing who else is lined up to get one and hasn't been announced yet. Should be at least 1 more team out there though.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,525
27,499
113
UAB is in the Gasparilla Bowl. Assuming they send South Carolina there, it looks like Army or Tulsa? I'm eyeballing it, but I'm not seeing who else is lined up to get one and hasn't been announced yet. Should be at least 1 more team out there though.

It looks like Tulsa in Birmingham.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  5. 05 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State