BIG 10 Schedule 2023

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,794
21,555
113
White out against Iowa? One can hope.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: rudedude

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
Just wait until they do away with divisions and add 2 teams.
I’m torn. Do I want PSU to play in California in Nov so that the PSU faithful get a warm get away? Or do I want the warm west coast boys to come to Happy Valley when it’s cold. Both will happen, just not sure which I prefer?
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSUJam

nittanymoops

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
827
1,463
93
I hate doing this, and can't believe I'm typing this, but in fairness and in the name of accuracy toward the B1G, PSU was scheduled to open the B1G slate at home in both 2016 and 2017, but moved the UM game (2016) and Iowa game up (2017) both years to avoid having a bye week too early.

It's true. I'm sorry, and I hate being this way. It doesn't change the fact that we start on the road more than we should and it needs to be addressed.
 

Corner Room Breakfast

All-Conference
Oct 27, 2021
1,691
2,409
113
I’m torn. Do I want PSU to play in California in Nov so that the PSU faithful get a warm get away? Or do I want the warm west coast boys to come to Happy Valley when it’s cold. Both will happen, just not sure which I prefer?
If we play in California it will be a 3:30 kick off in September.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NB4PSU

CyphaPSU

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,392
2,406
113
Let us take this moment to thank WVU for preventing the B1G from scheduling us on the road to start the season for the 4th year in a row. :sneaky:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
The silver lining to this schedule, as someone somewhere already may have pointed out, there are no back to back road games for our Lions.
 

CyphaPSU

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,392
2,406
113
I have noticed in past schedules that Michigan often gets the benefit of having their best opponents spaced apart (unlike us or MSU), but at least next year they will have a bit of a tougher span toward the end of the season that makes up a little for their unbelievably easy first month.

What matters far more, in my opinion, than avoiding starting Big Ten play on the road is avoiding a gauntlet.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State has failed to play ‘in rhythm’ for six quarters
  2. 02 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch
  3. 03 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  5. 05 BWI Football Todd Blackledge Joins BWI to Preview Penn State vs. USC in the White Out