Would you have rather won the NIT 2 years ago instead of losing in the first round to Liberty? I wouldn't have, and Liberty is my least favorite of all ~350 D1 schools.
Would you have rather won the NIT 2 years ago instead of losing in the first round to Liberty? I wouldn't have, and Liberty is my least favorite of all ~350 D1 schools.
I just think NCAAT appearances are better, and more fun to be in as a fan. Losses in the first round suck, but at least you were giving the opportunity to go on a run. Nit is good for years like this year where we had no chance at the NCAAT. They really suck in years like 2012 where we should have been in the big dance. 2010 would be an example of that, but we played UNC at home. I was lucky enough to go to that game, and it was awesome even though we lost. At the end of the day NCAAT appearances are just better for program perception. This really shouldn’t even be an argument.
Maroon and White Football
Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
Maroon and White
Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report