B1G10 Tourney Thread

DukeSlater

All-American
Jul 2, 2023
2,218
5,012
113
Tired legs are overrated. Illinois won’t be fatigued and Iowa won’t be pressing and pushing the tempo. I expect a close game.
I would humbly disagree about tired legs. That's a real thing, and it usually shows up most in three-point shooting, especially in the second half. Tired legs also can lead to a lot of reaching on defense and being half a step slow. We'll see how it goes, but tired legs are one of the worst things a basketball player can have, because your legs dictate everything you do.
 

Burghawk87

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
905
1,606
93
I would humbly disagree about tired legs. That's a real thing, and it usually shows up most in three-point shooting, especially in the second half. Tired legs also can lead to a lot of reaching on defense and being half a step slow. We'll see how it goes, but tired legs are one of the worst things a basketball player can have, because your legs dictate everything you do.
I distinctly remember playing a game in high school the day after screwing around playing trampoline basketball the night before (and I don’t mean sanctioned in an actual trampoline park, a poorly constructed trampoline parked next to a portable hoop). Legs were jello and jumping was an actual joke. I could have passed for someone going through physical therapy after a stroke.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Whispers from out West: ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and SEC visits resonate with several from the region
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Hank Brown listed as starter in Iowa's two deeps
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Iowa Football Opponent Preview: Washington Huskies
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Which Iowa recruits plan to enroll early?
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football The Chuck Long Podcast