B1G10 Tourney Thread

DukeSlater

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2023
2,213
4,986
113
Tired legs are overrated. Illinois won’t be fatigued and Iowa won’t be pressing and pushing the tempo. I expect a close game.
I would humbly disagree about tired legs. That's a real thing, and it usually shows up most in three-point shooting, especially in the second half. Tired legs also can lead to a lot of reaching on defense and being half a step slow. We'll see how it goes, but tired legs are one of the worst things a basketball player can have, because your legs dictate everything you do.
 

Burghawk87

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
903
1,604
93
I would humbly disagree about tired legs. That's a real thing, and it usually shows up most in three-point shooting, especially in the second half. Tired legs also can lead to a lot of reaching on defense and being half a step slow. We'll see how it goes, but tired legs are one of the worst things a basketball player can have, because your legs dictate everything you do.
I distinctly remember playing a game in high school the day after screwing around playing trampoline basketball the night before (and I don’t mean sanctioned in an actual trampoline park, a poorly constructed trampoline parked next to a portable hoop). Legs were jello and jumping was an actual joke. I could have passed for someone going through physical therapy after a stroke.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Thoughts on Iowa football...and basketball
  2. 02 High School Football Iowa RB commit Keyon Thomas runs wild in Warren Central (Ind.) win
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Soccer earns a much-needed 1-0 win over Rutgers
  4. 04 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa adds Fargo champ Ryleigh Sturgill to 2027 recruiting class