Anybody checked out Dutton Ranch?

SenseMaker_Cats

All-American
Jul 3, 2025
2,295
6,694
113
My ranking:

1883
1923
Yellowstone
Marshalls
Dutton’s Ranch

1883 - just speaks for itself. Amazing show about those times.
1923 - showed why the Dutton’s had to be so “ruthless” to protect their land but the never ending “get home nephew” thing watered it down. Until the end of course.
Yellowstone - another great show that got watered down over time.
Marshalls - Cheesy with the hyperbolic “seal team” stuff but at least it’s different.
Dutton’s Ranch - Ep 3 just solidified my opinion that it’s just an extension of the watered down Yellowstone.
 

ala_kat2

Heisman
Jan 4, 2003
11,297
10,735
103
Yessir. RIP is by far my favorite character. I was really disappointed in the show with Kaycie. However it’s spelled.
Yeah, I quit watching “Marshall’s”. Just a lot of shooting and not much character.
Dutton Ranch is really good as it maintains the cowboy ranch theme.
 

Bigtyrone

All-American
May 21, 2002
10,592
6,283
98
My ranking:

1883
1923
Yellowstone
Marshalls
Dutton’s Ranch

1883 - just speaks for itself. Amazing show about those times.
1923 - showed why the Dutton’s had to be so “ruthless” to protect their land but the never ending “get home nephew” thing watered it down. Until the end of course.
Yellowstone - another great show that got watered down over time.
Marshalls - Cheesy with the hyperbolic “seal team” stuff but at least it’s different.
Dutton’s Ranch - Ep 3 just solidified my opinion that it’s just an extension of the watered down Yellowstone.
I agree with you mostly. I would switch Dutton Ranch and Marshalls.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,692
113
Yeah, I quit watching “Marshall’s”. Just a lot of shooting and not much character.
Dutton Ranch is really good as it maintains the cowboy ranch theme.
Exactly. Completely agree. I still watch Marshalls but I don’t really pay attention to it. I’m glad they at least killed off Monica, I believe was her name, she was absolutely god awful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PTUKBlue

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,692
113
My ranking:

1883
1923
Yellowstone
Marshalls
Dutton’s Ranch

1883 - just speaks for itself. Amazing show about those times.
1923 - showed why the Dutton’s had to be so “ruthless” to protect their land but the never ending “get home nephew” thing watered it down. Until the end of course.
Yellowstone - another great show that got watered down over time.
Marshalls - Cheesy with the hyperbolic “seal team” stuff but at least it’s different.
Dutton’s Ranch - Ep 3 just solidified my opinion that it’s just an extension of the watered down Yellowstone.
Don’t forget that show with the chick and they are like a special operations unit. Name is escaping me at the moment.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,692
113
I agree with you mostly. I would switch Dutton Ranch and Marshalls.
Yeah. Agree. Marshall’s really isn’t good. Especially when they killed off the dude with the fire. He was the only one I liked.
 

LineSkiCat14

Heisman
Aug 5, 2015
39,707
62,613
113
She is NOT aging well, though. And you can sort of see that coming. Turning very much into a Jada Pinkett look alike.
 
Jul 20, 2025
388
325
63
You nailed it! You aren’t missing much by not watching Yellowstone. The acting is not good. Hell or High Water is one of the greatest movies in the last 30 years in my opinion. You would like Kingstown. His best tv show in my opinion.
But 1883 and 1923, prequels to Yellowstone are fantastic. Kingstown, Tulsa King, Landman are all excellent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PTUKBlue
Jul 20, 2025
388
325
63
And predictable. I do like his stuff, but we don't watch all of them (he has too many spinoffs from Yellowstone to be honest). But they are all literally identical to the last with a different plot. Landman is a great series, but I can predict what's going to happen in almost every scene like clockwork.
But 1883 and 1923 prequels to Yellowstone are no where near the same. They are much different, but very, very good 👍
 

BlueBloodKyFan72

All-Conference
Apr 18, 2026
759
1,371
93
I figured it would suck but it’s surprisingly good. Thoughts?
Haven’t yet but the wife just mentioned it. We are going to start watching both liked Yellowstone. I’ve watched landman with hit and miss episodes which is on par with any series and Mayor of Kingston which I really like. We both really liked Wind River
 
  • Like
Reactions: DudahUK

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,692
113
Haven’t yet but the wife just mentioned it. We are going to start watching both liked Yellowstone. I’ve watched landman with hit and miss episodes which is on par with any series and Mayor of Kingston which I really like. We both really liked Wind River
For sure check it out. I love Landman. You thought it was hit and miss? The girls get annoying but they are at least smoking hot.
 

mhs1964

Senior
Feb 8, 2018
540
643
88
Yessir. RIP is by far my favorite character. I was really disappointed in the show with Kaycie. However it’s spelled.
I assume you mean Marshall’s. This got better as it developed and good cliffhanger last night.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,692
113
I assume you mean Marshall’s. This got better as it developed and good cliffhanger last night.
I was talking about both. Not a big fan of Marshall’s but last nights episode was really good and a nice cliff hanger. Didn’t see that coming.

edit: Apparently that was the finale on Sunday. Did not know that. Of course the best episode is the last one.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: wildcatdon

SenseMaker_Cats

All-American
Jul 3, 2025
2,295
6,694
113
Pretty good action. Need ruthless Beth back. Need Carter gone. He's awful. It was a pretty good season but the typical too many side stories/depth of stories that don't matter made it feel like another rushed ending to a season.
The Carter thing didn’t make sense to me. He just woke up one day and was pissed Rip and Beth took him in and gave him a decent life? Maybe I fell asleep during one of the episodes and missed something.
 

L.O.D.

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2024
1,328
1,716
77
The Carter thing didn’t make sense to me. He just woke up one day and was pissed Rip and Beth took him in and gave him a decent life? Maybe I fell asleep during one of the episodes and missed something.
He saw his friend killed in front of him thats what made him go nuts . But yeah hes the shows weak link like Monica in Yellowstone.
 

L.O.D.

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2024
1,328
1,716
77
Need ruthless Beth need more badass Rip . Season 2 Beth goes back to being Beth.

Episode 7 was terrible but 8 brought it back . Lots of interest now. Though it feels like they meshed 3 seasons into 1 with first 8 eps would of preferred more development on a show like this than fast paced storyline.

Need to just end Marshals and bring Kacey and Mo to Dutton Ranch .

And that girl from this show and Landman looks like a younger Jaime Pressley or Margot Robbie
 

UKWildcats1987

Heisman
Sep 9, 2021
20,531
36,603
113
I thought the finale was great.

I was pleasantly surprised at no deaths for good guys. If they had shot Carter n the head instead of kidnapping him id preferred that (and doesnt sound like im alone lol).

With both marshals and dutton ranch having a teenager kidnapped end of season 1s seemed a bit goofy to me.
 

SenseMaker_Cats

All-American
Jul 3, 2025
2,295
6,694
113
He saw his friend killed in front of him thats what made him go nuts . But yeah hes the shows weak link like Monica in Yellowstone.
Maybe but it doesn’t seem in line with the character and the makeup of the family(Rip/Beth).
 

SenseMaker_Cats

All-American
Jul 3, 2025
2,295
6,694
113
I thought the finale was great.

I was pleasantly surprised at no deaths for good guys. If they had shot Carter n the head instead of kidnapping him id preferred that (and doesnt sound like im alone lol).

With both marshals and dutton ranch having a teenager kidnapped end of season 1s seemed a bit goofy to me.
I’ve said it before but Sheridan seems to get bored/lazy during writing some of these shows. The Carter thing no exception.

The coyote ugly environmental girl in Yellowstone

The over the top crap with the mother and daughter in Landman.

I’m sure others can name some more.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jedwar

UKWildcats1987

Heisman
Sep 9, 2021
20,531
36,603
113
I’ve said it before but Sheridan seems to get bored/lazy during writing some of these shows. The Carter thing no exception.

The coyote ugly environmental girl in Yellowstone

The over the top crap with the mother and daughter in Landman.

I’m sure others can name some more.

Yeah, didn't like or care for pipers character n yellowstone. Don't remember characters name.

And carter writing is abysmal. I also would have liked to see more Dwight n dutton ranch. The sheriff is also an enigma.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jedwar and DudahUK

Starrcade

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2026
630
1,090
93
We are far from over. I won't be surprised if Buhla digs up the Jamie stuff and holds it over their head.

I hope they kill Buhla and everybody associated with her and head back to Montana to start a new series/ranch.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jedwar

UKWildcats1987

Heisman
Sep 9, 2021
20,531
36,603
113
We are far from over. I won't be surprised if Buhla digs up the Jamie stuff and holds it over their head.

I hope they kill Buhla and everybody associated with her and head back to Montana to start a new series/ranch.

I feel like its leading towards them working with B, at least at start of season 2. I dont disagree about going back to Montana though.
 

Starrcade

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2026
630
1,090
93
I feel like its leading towards them working with B, at least at start of season 2. I dont disagree about going back to Montana though.
Oh they'll definitely start out working with her, but it won't end well when Ruthless Beth gets busy, lol.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football The Nic Anderson Revenge Tour starts this week vs. LSU
  2. 02 KSR Podcasts KSR Football Podcast: Dreaming Big After Comeback Win at South Carolina
  3. 03 KSR Football Will Stein talks about the Power K's return, future plans for the throwback look
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kenny Brooks provides injury updates on Ayanna Patterson, Dominika Paurová
  5. 05 KSR Baseball Kentucky drops fall ball exhibition to Cincinnati