He tore his ACL. It’s confirmed. He says he’s going to try and rehab it and take medication in order to play some, but I just don’t see it. I mean he can maybe pinch hit some later in the year, but I wouldn’t allow him to.
Appreciate your all kind words on the injury. It’s part of the game, but it sucks. He was a premier bat, in a lineup that’s proven quite volatile, he was the constant. I don’t think we can come even remotely close to replacing him. With him I felt like we were an Omaha favorite, with a slight chance at a title. Without him, I feel like we will have to catch some breaks and play very well to sniff Omaha. He was one of the 2 guys we couldn’t afford to lose. I hate it for him. He’s paid his dues for this year and opportunity. It sucks.