The younger generation needs to know the reasons for the old folks vitriol.
Officiating horsehittery is downstream of the real corruption.
This is an old score yet to be settled, and I have never forgotten what I have seen and experienced from this crimson cult. I could type paragraphs. Something has to give.
Every year we play these people, I patiently wait for God, Karma, or whatever supernatural force of righteousness you trust in to somehow right what's been wronged.
www.cbssports.com
Two excerpts:
---------"It makes you wonder, though, what penalties are really meaningful? USC never really cratered following the Reggie Bush scandal. Urban Meyer went undefeated in the same year the program couldn’t go to a bowl. North Carolina is awaiting a verdict in its academic fraud case.
Don’t we all agree there will never be another SMU?
You might have noticed Alabama has thrived since looking over the brink. Tide football may be at the peak of its financial, athletic and marketing powers. Yeager reiterated the death penalty would have been applied if not for the efforts of Gene Marsh and Marie Robbins.
Marsh is a well-known attorney and Alabama law professor who back then was the school’s faculty athletics rep. Robbins was the school’s compliance director."
“Gene and Marie did everything they could, short of patrolling the campus with semi-automatic weapons,” Yeager said. “That, at the end of the day, is what saved them.”------------
I well remember a starting quarterback for MSU being suspended.....MIDSEASON.... for receiving....
Tires. Mounted, and apparently balanced.
The college football world we live in today owes that man a long overdue apology.
Officiating horsehittery is downstream of the real corruption.
This is an old score yet to be settled, and I have never forgotten what I have seen and experienced from this crimson cult. I could type paragraphs. Something has to give.
Every year we play these people, I patiently wait for God, Karma, or whatever supernatural force of righteousness you trust in to somehow right what's been wronged.
When Alabama was in legitimate danger of receiving the death penalty
Would Nick Saban be in Tuscaloosa -- and would the Crimson Tide be the force it is today -- if the NCAA had actually handed down the dreaded death penalty to Alabama?
Two excerpts:
---------"It makes you wonder, though, what penalties are really meaningful? USC never really cratered following the Reggie Bush scandal. Urban Meyer went undefeated in the same year the program couldn’t go to a bowl. North Carolina is awaiting a verdict in its academic fraud case.
Don’t we all agree there will never be another SMU?
You might have noticed Alabama has thrived since looking over the brink. Tide football may be at the peak of its financial, athletic and marketing powers. Yeager reiterated the death penalty would have been applied if not for the efforts of Gene Marsh and Marie Robbins.
Marsh is a well-known attorney and Alabama law professor who back then was the school’s faculty athletics rep. Robbins was the school’s compliance director."
“Gene and Marie did everything they could, short of patrolling the campus with semi-automatic weapons,” Yeager said. “That, at the end of the day, is what saved them.”------------
I well remember a starting quarterback for MSU being suspended.....MIDSEASON.... for receiving....
Tires. Mounted, and apparently balanced.
The college football world we live in today owes that man a long overdue apology.
