AARP PSA: SHERO nonsense

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,673
14,511
113
There already exists a female version of the word HERO: HEROINE.

"You ignorant wretch."

Rant over. Get off my lawn.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,673
14,511
113
A homophone is a homnym. But a homonym isn't necessarily a homophone.

Square/Rectangle thing.

We can all agree that Hominy is disgusting. But, if it will liven up our bats let's ship some to DNF.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
My uncle used to swear by Hominy for bedding bream. Said they couldn’t resist it. Flyrod was his tackle of choice.
 

TechDawg74

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2008
7
1
3
"I'm a heroine addict. I need to have sex with women who have saved someone's life."

Mitch Hedberg
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,030
10,192
113
My uncle used to swear by Hominy for bedding bream. Said they couldn’t resist it. Flyrod was his tackle of choice.

That is one thing I do miss doing in Mississippi. I remember one long shoreline we found with so many bream beds it looked like a honey comb. I'll have to try the hominy next time. Fly rods and crickets on the walls at Pickwick would let you fill one live well with fat bluegill and the other well with catfish. Try a 4-5 lbs channel cat on a fly rod.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,652
12,156
113
That is one thing I do miss doing in Mississippi. I remember one long shoreline we found with so many bream beds it looked like a honey comb. I'll have to try the hominy next time. Fly rods and crickets on the walls at Pickwick would let you fill one live well with fat bluegill and the other well with catfish. Try a 4-5 lbs channel cat on a fly rod.
Never had a cat that big, but one time I was throwing wet flies on one of those honeycombs at Chotard. I hooked a baby bream that was hanging around the beds and about 10 feet from the boat a 5 pound bass decided to have lunch. He engulfed the bream right on the surface and I had a good 3 minute fight before he spit it right at the boat. It was fun but disappointing. I didn’t realize the difference in rod weights until I caught a 4/5 pound stingray at Bahia Honda after the Orange Bowl in 14. That 5 pound bass felt like 100 pounds compared to that stingray on a 9 wt Rod.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama