A&M pulling out of Gator

EX1262

Redshirt
Sep 17, 2021
3
0
0
We could only move on from the Liberty Bowl if TTU was to pull out of the bowl, I believe. I bet we're going to see a couple matchups reshuffled as this stuff spreads
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Good! The FL bowls' love fest with A&M deserves it. They get taken over us no matter record many years. Screw them!! And Merry Christmas!
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
I'd be curious to see an exact number and whether it's more or less than we

played with last year against Georgia and Ole Miss. Canceling games 9 days before the game doesn't exactly set a good precedence for the rest of the bowl games.
 
Last edited:

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,250
8,130
113
A&M just doesn’t want to play and Covid is an excuse. They had at least six payers opt out and their starting QB is in the transfer portal. I’m sure they have had some positive Covid tests but to not have enough players to play? I don’t buy that.
 

rynodawg

Senior
May 29, 2007
1,171
418
83
I bet they have way more available than we had. Their statement was really vague, seems like BS.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,243
2,184
113
I have not bought a ticket, but I did prepay no refund to save on a room. It would be just my luck for this to happen to us.
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
That would give Leach some payback if he loaded up the team and went to Gator leaving TT without an opponent
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,695
19,533
113
They a perpetual 8 & 4 team. They will always be that. I guess SEC Rant nick name for them is correct.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
I bet they have way more available than we had. Their statement was really vague, seems like BS.

I'm not sure if there are two bigger ******** artists than Jimbo and Bjork. They lost their star RB to the draft and their QB to the portal. I think they saw the tea leaves and thought a drop out was better than a bludgeoning.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
How much did A&M really have to play for in this game?

In reality... they had nothing to win and everything to lose. They came in to this season giving Jimbo a big payday and were allegedly going to challenge Alabama for the West, then lost to the lower half of the division and finished 5th behind us and Arkansas.

Getting wrecked by Wake Forest would have been a helluva way to end what was already a disappointing season.

Pretty chickenshit move though.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,193
5,731
113
How much did A&M really have to play for in this game?

They didn't have any more or less to play for than we do in the LIberty. They should play though. Too much money put into it for them to just bail 9 days before the game. Not sure how you find a replacement at this point. Logistical nightmare for the fans to have a team already in a bowl switch games. If you pull somebody that's not in a bowl, they haven't been practicing and at best can probably get 4 days of practice in after Christmas, presumably with less than a full team.
 

Emma’s Dad

Freshman
May 5, 2021
218
55
28
Total punk move by the Aggies. Don’t want to play with their current roster and take a PR hit while riding their number 1 recruiting class wave.
 

rynodawg

Senior
May 29, 2007
1,171
418
83
All of the 5-7 teams are already at home for Christmas break. I don’t buy that A&M can’t put together an adequate roster, and it’s too late to back out now. Even if they have to piece together a roster full of milkmen and student cadets, they should show up and collect the SEC check.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,966
2,358
113
Gotta wonder what their protocols are that would lead to the entire team pulling out. Seems weird.
I suspect Jimbo wants to end the season on a high note with his recruiting class....
why remind folks what a lousy in-game coach you've turned out to be.
 

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,139
5,923
113
If most of those are asymptomatic it’s very dumb. I though if you were vaccinated it wouldn’t matter or did they change that
 

TheStateUofMS

All-Conference
Dec 26, 2009
10,451
2,469
113
A&M just doesn’t want to play and Covid is an excuse. They had at least six payers opt out and their starting QB is in the transfer portal. I’m sure they have had some positive Covid tests but to not have enough players to play? I don’t buy that.


^^^This 100% and Bjork basically said that. They don't want Wake to embarrass them.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,547
16,327
113
The university just sold out their entire allotment of tickets to the LB. Would be a PERFECT time to jump ship.
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I don't know who this Gator feller is, but this confirmed what I already knew about Aggies.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
I'm almost to the point of wanting them kicked out of the conference.

They bring nothing to the table and never have. The only thing keeping me from wanting them out is they're a winnable game every year. Even in our worst and their best years. I'd like to know the conversations in the league office with Sankey and company. Surely they can't be pleased when they know already about the opt-outs, transfers, etc on that team that have nothing to do with covid. Then there's the whole financial issue. I don't know the contract arrangements but surely a bowl tie in doesn't have to pay a conference anything if the game isn't played. Or if another team from a different league is chosen.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,966
2,358
113
It would have been better playing a ranked WF team instead of TT. Hate that we weren't selected for the Gator. Really hate it now. I bet the Gator folks hate it too.

Leach and Cohen wouldn't have 17d around and gotten our kids exposed to the rona.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,589
8,569
102
They’re tanned, rested, and ready…

[FONT="]Waiting by the phone…. #ILL #famILLy https://t.co/0xb9eoKU3U— Bret Bielema (@BretBielema) December 22, 2021 [/FONT]
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
So much for the 12th man. That tradition is now officially over and done with. They can never mention that again without being laughed at.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
I do find it a little humorous that a program that celebrates the notion that their fans are part of the team (and goes so far as to put one of those fans on the field) won’t play because they don’t have enough scholarship players.

Seems like if the cult FightinTexasAggie really believes their own ******** FightinTexasAggie, they’d play with walkons FightinTexasAggie.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Seems like to me the SEC commissioner would make a phone call and explain that thats not how we do things and to man up, put your big boy pants on and field the best team you can. Commitments have been made, embarrassing, etc etc
 

Bill Shankly

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2020
2,095
0
0
played with last year against Georgia and Ole Miss. Canceling games 9 days before the game doesn't exactly set a good precedence for the rest of the bowl games.
According to their 24/7 board they had a few symptomatic players test positive, so they tested everybody. They had 20 who were positive. If you count the seven who had opted out that means that if they were at the full 85, they would have 58 scholarship players. They probably have a few less than that. I think we played UGA last year with 42.
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,466
6,412
113
They should forfeit all sec money and a tv ban for the next five years if they don't nut up and get their gay cult asses to FL.
 

msstate7

Redshirt
Nov 27, 2008
10,388
10
38
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment