9th place?

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,035
8,398
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
 

cbond

All-American
Oct 26, 2004
3,244
5,928
113
There is a wildcard at those weights and several seeded guys didn’t place so they called for 9th matches.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OSVICTOR

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,303
6,178
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
One of the criteria for at-large spots is finishing one spot below your conference's automatic qualifier level. So if you have 8 allocations at a weight you wrestle for ninth to preserve at-large criteria.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Inky29
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Kickoff, TV set for Oklahoma State's trip to Houston
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Morris & Co. get busy recruiting in Oklahoma State's bye week
  3. 03 On3 'Bedlam on Ice' to bring Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State rivalry back to Boone Pickens Stadium for club hockey showcase
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers SEC commit, official visit has been set