9th place?

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,035
8,398
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
 

cbond

All-American
Oct 26, 2004
3,244
5,928
113
There is a wildcard at those weights and several seeded guys didn’t place so they called for 9th matches.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OSVICTOR

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,303
6,178
113
I’m sure there’s a reason but why are they having 9th place matches? I assumed it has something to do with the number of qualifiers at that weight.
One of the criteria for at-large spots is finishing one spot below your conference's automatic qualifier level. So if you have 8 allocations at a weight you wrestle for ninth to preserve at-large criteria.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Inky29
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Morris & Co. get busy recruiting in Oklahoma State's bye week
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers SEC commit, official visit has been set
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 5 released
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ethan Wesloski gives Oklahoma State defense its new centerpiece