5/18 Baseball Bracketology

dconifer0

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2004
4,435
3,421
113
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Maryland gets to host, even if a #1 seed in a regional. Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium just has too many deficiencies. I don't think the NCAA will approve it. And none of the local minor league stadiums are available those weekends...
 

bingethinker

Freshman
May 11, 2012
201
58
0
Unfortunately, it's unlikely that Maryland gets to host, even if a #1 seed in a regional. Bob "Turtle" Smith Stadium just has too many deficiencies. I don't think the NCAA will approve it. And none of the local minor league stadiums are available those weekends...
I thought Damon Evans was willing to bend over backwards (and write the check to do so) to make hosting at the stadium happen, including a temporary press box. Has that changed?
 

dconifer0

All-Conference
Oct 4, 2004
4,435
3,421
113
I thought Damon Evans was willing to bend over backwards (and write the check to do so) to make hosting at the stadium happen, including a temporary press box. Has that changed?
No, and I applaud his efforts, but I don't think it will be accepted. I am not an insider by any means, of course. But there are too many snide critics of "The Bob" and UMD baseball as a top seed, and I personally don't think the NCAA will stand up to them. I hope I'm wrong...
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball HC Brandin Knight's Villanova Postgame Press Conference
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball falls to Villanova in its first scrimmage
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers vs Maryland odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Terrapins
  5. 05 The Knight Report Basketball How to watch Rutgers / Villanova; Pregame Info, More: Gameday Central