So I was supposed to get my 2nd dose last Thursday in Tupelo and it was cancelled. They rescheduled me for this coming Sunday, which pisses me off because it puts me right on the edge of the 5 weeks. Anyway my mom is getting her second shot Thursday and I am the one taking her. I will be there in the car at the vaccine site a mere 3 days before my appointment.
I called the vaccine number and when they finally called me back I pointed out these facts. To say the woman was unhelpful would be an understatement. She would not engage with me at all and would only give a canned response of “There are no second dose appointments available Thursday in Lee County. I say I understand but I don’t see why I can’t just get it while I’m there. I live 70 miles away and it’s supposed to be raining Sunday and I’m worried it will be cancelled and then I will miss the 5 weeks. 15 solid seconds of silence and the same damn canned response which caused me to lose it.
So does anybody know if they are flexible at all at these sites? If I explain it to them would I have a chance of getting it or is it hopeless?
I called the vaccine number and when they finally called me back I pointed out these facts. To say the woman was unhelpful would be an understatement. She would not engage with me at all and would only give a canned response of “There are no second dose appointments available Thursday in Lee County. I say I understand but I don’t see why I can’t just get it while I’m there. I live 70 miles away and it’s supposed to be raining Sunday and I’m worried it will be cancelled and then I will miss the 5 weeks. 15 solid seconds of silence and the same damn canned response which caused me to lose it.
So does anybody know if they are flexible at all at these sites? If I explain it to them would I have a chance of getting it or is it hopeless?