2026 Eagles Thread

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
4,031
5,536
113
IT IS FINISHED


I hope he's ok. Crushing blow. I don't have to regurgitate the Eagles record with and without him, as Eagles fans are far too familiar.

The betting line immediately moved from -6.5 to -7.5 for Jax. I can't overstate what a big move this is for one player. Through the key number of 7.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

BobPSU92

Heisman
Aug 22, 2001
45,629
37,833
113

The following may hint at what Lane Johnson is facing now.

“Johnson also became one of the top mental health advocates in sports during his storied run in Philadelphia. He has been open about his dealings with anxiety and depression, which date back to 2008 when he was a college freshman.

He missed three games during the 2021 season while suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms after attempting to taper off an antidepressant and dealing with the physical and mental toll of an ankle injury that did not allow him to play up to his perfectionist standards.”
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,584
22,785
113
Unfortunately I think you are correct. I hope he can get right now. He is a true warrior and Eagle great. Universally beloved in the city of Philadelphia.
Attaboy, Lane Johnson. It’s hard to imagine the mental stress of his (former) occupation.
 

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,379
5,928
113
well you wont have Cam Jurgens to kick around any more. Traded for a warm cup of Coffee.....

forgot he is in self reported concussion protocol
 
Last edited:

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
4,031
5,536
113
I've been a strong proponent of this concept for a while, unless you have a HOF level QB. I'm not sure how difficult it is to move on from the Hurts contract (probably quite), but it is something the Eagles should consider.

 

Erial_Lion

All-American
Nov 1, 2021
4,271
5,065
113
I've been a strong proponent of this concept for a while, unless you have a HOF level QB. I'm not sure how difficult it is to move on from the Hurts contract (probably quite), but it is something the Eagles should consider.


Don't think they could really do anything until after next season...but at that point, it becomes realistic.
 

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,602
14,105
113
I kind of figured. Unless Hurts drastically improves, making a move after 2027 seems like a no-brainer. That would probably mean taking a QB in the next draft.
Not that I have any idea what Howie is thinking but if he does want to move up in next year's draft to get a QB, the Eagles now have two first rounders and two second rounders in 2028. It'll be good capital for a move up. Of course, it remains to be seen how big of a jump will be needed. If this year is a wash out, maybe they won't have to move up very far.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grant Green
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Penn State's White Out sees top recruits already high on the Nittany Lions hitting Happy Valley
  2. 02 BWI Football Where will Penn State be at the end of October? A fresh record prediction is in for the next four weeks
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State-USC matchups: Who will have the edge on Saturday at Beaver Stadium?
  4. 04 BWI Recruiting Can Penn State Capitalize on White Out Energy? Recruiting and Game Preview
  5. 05 BWI Recruiting By The Numbers: How Penn State's 2026 White Out recruiting list stacks up to previous years