2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,952
5,449
113

Story about the “Challenger Angels” that Matt supports:

 

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,003
193,686
113
I was at this game...and truthfully, I was walking out of the stadium when he hit it. Haha. Fortunately, I hadn't walked out yet, so I still got to see it, followed by a walk off in the 10th. Fun times.

 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,064
5,526
113
Oh good. Another large market, deep pocket team buying a FA player. Baseball is broken.
That would still be the case had he signed with the Phils. But you’re right and I think another strike/lockout is inevitable.

The system sucks and is slanted heavily toward the players. The owners need to wrest some control back.

There should be a hard cap and some reasonable limits on contract guarantees.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LB99

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
That would still be the case had he signed with the Phils. But you’re right and I think another strike/lockout is inevitable.

The system sucks and is slanted heavily toward the players. The owners need to wrest some control back.

There should be a hard cap and some reasonable limits on contract guarantees.
Agree. Phils are a big market, deep pocket team also. MLB needs a salary cap AND floor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.