2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,953
5,452
113

Story about the “Challenger Angels” that Matt supports:

 

RyanSnyder

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Nov 2, 2013
41,033
193,730
113
I was at this game...and truthfully, I was walking out of the stadium when he hit it. Haha. Fortunately, I hadn't walked out yet, so I still got to see it, followed by a walk off in the 10th. Fun times.

 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,066
5,527
113
Oh good. Another large market, deep pocket team buying a FA player. Baseball is broken.
That would still be the case had he signed with the Phils. But you’re right and I think another strike/lockout is inevitable.

The system sucks and is slanted heavily toward the players. The owners need to wrest some control back.

There should be a hard cap and some reasonable limits on contract guarantees.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LB99

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
That would still be the case had he signed with the Phils. But you’re right and I think another strike/lockout is inevitable.

The system sucks and is slanted heavily toward the players. The owners need to wrest some control back.

There should be a hard cap and some reasonable limits on contract guarantees.
Agree. Phils are a big market, deep pocket team also. MLB needs a salary cap AND floor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  2. 02 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
  3. 03 BWI Football The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
  5. 05 BWI Football Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?