2023 PSU X-Country Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,404
69,435
113
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU men's & women's X-country 2023 preseason, in-season, postseason (B1Gs & NCAAs), and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.

If you're seeking info that was in the 2022 PSU X-Country thread, you can find it at:

 

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,385
5,930
113
I hate to hi-jack a thread but I must. the long time track, cross country coach at Marshall Universtiy, Jeff Small was fired after 28 yrs on the job by the MFer from Pitt, Christian Spears. He was 1 yr from retiring from MU with some dignity and grace, but no they had to fire him as they needed 'fresh ideas'. I mean WTF, run faster doesnt work anymore? it was an ego move by the MF from Pitt. thanks rant over.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,591
22,791
113
I hate to hi-jack a thread but I must. the long time track, cross country coach at Marshall Universtiy, Jeff Small was fired after 28 yrs on the job by the MFer from Pitt, Christian Spears. He was 1 yr from retiring from MU with some dignity and grace, but no they had to fire him as they needed 'fresh ideas'. I mean WTF, run faster doesnt work anymore? it was an ego move by the MF from Pitt. thanks rant over.
Your rant seems justified.
 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,813
21,592
113
I wonder if the Nittany Lion attends X-C events. He would have to be in good shape.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,404
69,435
113
He's a high jumper, so he's on the field component of Track & Field/Cross Country

 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: The Lions don't lack an identity; it's the same as their record: Mediocre, and teetering on worse
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State report card: Grading the Lions after their 31-23 loss to USC
  3. 03 BWI Football Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's third-straight loss
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's latest loss underscores gap between progress and results
  5. 05 BWI Football What did USC coach Lincoln Riley, Penn State players, say about the Lions' loss to USC? 'One of my favorite wins as a head coach'