2009 MSU baseball thoughts

JacksonDevilDog

Freshman
Jan 13, 2008
3,390
61
48
I know we are a couple of days away from football, but I was thinking:

I looked over the 2009 tentative schedule and these are the games I see (Pre-SEC)

(3) against either North Florida/Northern Illinois
(1) against South Alabama
(1) MVSU
(3) against Nichols State
(4) at Hawaii
(2) against Valparaiso State

Am I the only one that honestly sees around a 13-1 or a 14-0 start? I mean anything can happen and I'm well aware of that. (see MSU baseball 2007)
 

99jc

Senior
Jul 31, 2008
2,559
560
113
will step up and be the team ace. I hope your right but i just don't see the talent there this season.
 
G

Goat Holder

Guest
no, but in all seriousness, and this is my opinion, McNickle SUCKED. That many injuries don't just happen. And Polk sure didn't push them to get any better. Most players under Polk's watch regressed.

Bowen will be solid for us. I also think you see Forrest Moore greatly improve. We will have a solid pitching corps, but nothing outrageous. I did not say we would be world beaters. Lee Swindle will throw well too.
 

slickdawg

Redshirt
May 28, 2007
2,086
0
0
and we now have a coach that doesn't make ******** excuses and expects performance from his players.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,314
12,279
113
in recruiting, that I truly do not give an ape-****-throwing [17] if we go 20-35 next year. And I am as damn serious about that as a [17n] myocardial infarction.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense