What I dont understand is people who type y'all in an email.
I type y'all in text messages all the time.
What I dont understand is people who type y'all in an email.
I type y'all in text messages all the time.
Same here with the word pronunciation. When I 1st moved to the West Coast, a frequent comment I would hear was "you don't sound like your from OK?". Growing up in an OKC suburb, that's probably not very surprising (although I had a lot of exposure to accents on both sides of my family).
However, I would pronounce things here and there, possibly incorrectly, that would raise a few eyebrows in the office. One I remember specifically is the word "insurance". I formerly placed the emphasis on -In- as opposed to -sur-. I've made an effort to correct this and think it's mostly corrected now.
And the term "catty-corner". West coasters say kitty-corner instead. Will never get used to it.
O State Illustrated Football
Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
O State Illustrated Football
OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
On3 Football
Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
O State Illustrated Football
Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
O State Illustrated Football
Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight