My father was a volunteer fireman in Raritan, NJ and was chief a few years. Annually the fire company ran a bus trip to Yankee stadium, usually a Friday night game, loaded the center isle with all kinds of Italian food, beer and goodies.
One year the NL fans revolted resulting in an afternoon Dodgers Giants game at Ebbits Field. So that was my one trip outside of Yankle Stadium when I was a little kid in the 1950s. I saw them all— Mantle, Berra, Ellie, Skowron, Richardson, Kubeck, Boyer,etc.
Last game I saw in that era was on a Friday night September 1, 1960 versus Detroit with Kaline and Cash. Al hit a triple to the monuments with two outs in the 1st inning but didn’t score. A 0-0 game in the bottom of the 9th and naturally Yogi goes down to get a pitch practically in the dirt and lines a single to right to win the game. The Tigers came into that series one game out, they left four games out. I remember it like it was yesterday.
PS: what was great back then was you could walk across the field after the game to get to an exit near where your bus was parked.