Wrestling Intelligence

Wrestleknownothing

All-American
Oct 30, 2021
2,317
6,203
113
Sorry, this one is not about that kind of wrestling intelligence.

Instead this is my screed against using artificial intelligence to answer wrestling questions. Really, though wrestling data is just my entry to the topic of how AI is currently designed to provide us with very bad answers that are very convincingly stated.

Danger Will Robinson. It is a bit of a long one. Proceed at your own risk.

danger GIF


 
Last edited:

Trapper85

Senior
Jun 22, 2020
218
776
93
According to AI, AI is very accurate for some things, somewhat accurate for others, and rarely accurate for others. The number of 'things' in the first category will increase over time, and decrease over time for the last category.

I do not know what category the question I asked it falls into right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheRedandtheBlue

Sir Pin Alot

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2025
447
1,243
93
I wouldn't wipe my @$$ with Gemini. Its releases have been marred with issues (see image generator). People can read up on that. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nashville_Hawk

grapplefan

Senior
Oct 3, 2010
306
683
93
Yeah, I 'd take AI answers with a grain of salt. I use them to point me in different directions (idea generator) that I might not have thought of, rather than using it as an answer machine. Repeating "common knowledge" or declaring "common sense" from AI can get me in a whole lot of trouble.
 

JoeBagobagels

All-Conference
Jun 24, 2025
900
1,112
92
I use Grok AI for a variety of things and it's fantastic however I'm not using it for sports stats.

it's more like take a 30 06 and 308 150 gr bullet and build me a ballistic table for General info.
But for the field I'll get my chronograph out and be very specific .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sir Pin Alot
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report No longer a secret, Ava Heiden has emerged as a national name
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Jeremy Hecklinski set to start at Washington
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Olympics Schedule Surveillance: 2026-27 Iowa women's wrestling
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Game Preview: Iowa vs. Washington
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football The Friday Five