Wool post alert!

Tractorman

All-Conference
Mar 15, 2009
1,311
1,246
113

I'm not sure what our final depth chart will be just yet. I just looked at every position group on offense and defense. We have a 4 star player (either HS or Transfer ranking) at every position on both sides of the ball minus Kelley Jones (3*) and Will Whitson (3*). However those 2 would be my first picks on defense anyway. That doesn't mean a 3* grad student doesn't beat out a 4* RS soph, but, I guarantee we have never had this much star talent on a team. This is what I was hoping the portal would do for us. Let the games begin!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maroon13

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,150
9,489
113
Pump the brakes just a bit. We'll still have the 2nd or 3rd fewest 4+ star players in the SEC. Far behind most of the rest of the conference.
Are you asserting that our starters aren't in good enough shape to play every down and not suffer any injuries?***
 

JackShephard

Senior
Sep 27, 2011
1,728
879
113
I'll tell you what, our team is going to surprise a lot of people this year. The only question is which people. Will it be the folks like Tractorman, who think we're going to be really good, or will it be those of us who are expecting somewhere around 3 wins?
 
  • Like
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,150
9,489
113
I'll tell you what, our team is going to surprise a lot of people this year. The only question is which people. Will it be the folks like Tractorman, who think we're going to be really good, or will it be those of us who are expecting somewhere around 3 wins?
I feel like I am beyond MSU football surprising me in any appreciable way, but who knows?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: JackShephard
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama