Wolken getting the sharks riled up

shotgunDawg

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2011
2,035
0
0
Boy... I just read through his mentions and that tweet thread.

I get the veteran thing, but that group is like a bunch of tree huggers that have fake outrage and play victim whenever possible.

I've never seen a bigger group of mouth breathing faux outrage people in my life.

In their minds, they are the most righteous people on the planet and everyone else sucks *** and are offensive. Always the victim
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
Boy... I just read through his mentions and that tweet thread.

I get the veteran thing, but that group is like a bunch of tree huggers that have fake outrage and play victim whenever possible.

I've never seen a bigger group of mouth breathing faux outrage people in my life.

In their minds, they are the most righteous people on the planet and everyone else sucks *** and are offensive. Always the victim

The most exciting thing that has happened to them this year is a white millionaire suing a jobless minority college student.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,862
11,235
113
If we get College Game Day this year, Wolken should be our Guest Picker.
 

Hump4Hoops

Redshirt
May 1, 2010
6,611
13
38
They're more like corrupt politicians blaming leakers.

Don't blame the leakers because you suck at following every rule in the book.
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
I tried to figure out what the issue was... the only thing I could come up with is that Wolken pointed out that the landshark was originally an SNL skit in the 70s. Apparently, some OM people thought that was being critical or disrespectful to a veteran?

How so? And which veteran?

I really don't understand that fan base sometimes.
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
90% of Ole Miss fans would spit on a veteran in private if it somehow made Dan Wolken look foolish in public.

eta: Keep in mind that the people coming up with this convoluted, twisted interpretation of Wolken's comments will go to their grave denying the relationship between the moniker "Ole Miss" and slavery.
 
Last edited:

kendesu

Redshirt
Oct 1, 2014
287
0
0
Chris Jones would be great.

There is a lot of competition for GameDay that week: Florida State @ Clemson, TCU @ Oklahoma, and Georgia @ Auburn. Some of those teams will probably have to lose, Georgia on 9/23 and Auburn on 9/30 for example.
 

HammerOfTheDogs

All-Conference
Jun 20, 2001
10,838
1,670
113
90% of Ole Miss fans would spit on a veteran in private if it somehow made Dan Wolken look foolish in public.

eta: Keep in mind that the people coming up with this convoluted, twisted interpretation of Wolken's comments will go to their grave denying the relationship between the moniker "Ole Miss" and slavery.
After all the best Rebels were slaughtered by America in the Civil War, the ones that were left were cowards and cripples. They learned to not get into harm's way, or do anything that would help America fight a war against a savage, desperate enemy.

If you look at the Soldier statue at THE Mississippi State University, it's a World War I doughboy- A WINNER, who kicked the Kaiser's ***.

Also, the best players on MSU's 1940 and 1941 consecutive National Championship football teams went off to fight the Nazis and the Japanese Empire...a few didn't return, while some others were physically and emotionally wrecked by their experiences.

On the other hand, most Ole Miss players Diddy's connections to get 4-F deferments and "too important to the war effort" to go off and fight (very notable exception- Charlie Conerly).

During Vietnam, most OM students were closet draft-dodgers.

P.S. where was Archie Manning during the Vietnam War?
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,566
7,314
113
<blockquote><p>If you’re gonna get upset when people make fun of Ole Miss putting a cartoon shark on the sideline, be prepared to get upset a lot.</p>— Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/910292550317150208">September 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,401
31,592
113
If you’re gonna get upset when people make fun of Ole Miss putting a cartoon shark on the sideline, be prepared to get upset a lot.
This. I would be embarrassed to no end if we even considered doing something so lame.
 

Philly Dawg

Heisman
Oct 6, 2012
16,232
10,955
113
I just read his replies on one of his tweets. All I can say is... O M G. These people are idiots.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou