WNBA plays tomorrow

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,937
17,844
113
PBS News Hour gets about 2 million viewers daily. I don't think anyone would make the argument that it has a large following.
Oh, certainly not. An NBA playoff game gets around 5 million viewers.

It's just funny to see how they'll skew the numbers. The WNBA account posted that the semifinals had a viewership of 1.2 million, implying that was per game. But that was combined for both games.
 

Crutcher

Senior
Feb 2, 2022
344
502
63
Oh, certainly not. An NBA playoff game gets around 5 million viewers.

It's just funny to see how they'll skew the numbers. The WNBA account posted that the semifinals had a viewership of 1.2 million, implying that was per game. But that was combined for both games.
Why do you care? You sure do post a lot about a subject you claim nobody (including you) cares about.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Thingthatmakeugohmm

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
7,092
5,808
113
It's just funny to see how they'll skew the numbers. The WNBA account posted that the semifinals had a viewership of 1.2 million, implying that was per game. But that was combined for both games.

Thats interesting. I didn't know they did that.
 

kidrobinski

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2004
1,531
1,357
113
Ran across Atlanta playing New York last night. Watched for ten minutes or so; it’s just not interesting. Doesn’t make the ‘care’ come out.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,905
3,488
113
A scorching 1/2 from 3 point range.
Liars love statistics. I remember when the speed limit was raised from 55 to 70 on interstate highways. Some dogooder group came out in a breathless press conference pointing out that the increased speed limit had led to the number of deaths on interstate highways in Wyoming had increased by 100% in the first year and that was proof the higher speed limit should be repealed.

The number of deaths went from 2 to 4.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Crutcher

Senior
Feb 2, 2022
344
502
63
Sophie and Caitlin jersey sales account for 70% of all sales. Two players.
So, they are both sitting at home, watching Angel dazzle the nation!
I'm glad that since you don't watch the scores, you at least look at the box scores. Speaking of which, did you notice Caitlin's 3 point shooting in her last game? 3-12 = 25%. I also notice that Caitlin only ranked 24th in league 3 point percentage this year. She was 4th on her own team behind Mitchell, Cunningham, and Boston. Still think she's the goat???
 
Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,937
17,844
113
So, they are both sitting at home, watching Angel dazzle the nation!
I'm glad that since you don't watch the scores, you at least look at the box scores. Speaking of which, did you notice Caitlin's 3 point shooting in her last game? 3-12 = 25%
All that matters to me is that the WNBA product sucks. The Dream and Liberty can't even get 10,000 fans for a semifinals game.

Nobody cares about the product. They care about the personalities. Clark and Sophie, are I presume, not the best players in the league, but Clark is light years ahead of every other player combined in terms of popularity. It's comical how much more popular she is than the entire league.

The WNBA was nothing without her. I don't care if her team ever wins anything or not. I don't care who wins what in the WNBA. I just love the sideshow drama that the player the league collectively hates the most and openly conspires against is the one single player responsible for any uptick in popularity the league has experienced. They'd still be flying coach in commercial flights if it wasn't for Clark.
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,905
3,488
113
So, they are both sitting at home, watching Angel dazzle the nation!
I'm glad that since you don't watch the scores, you at least look at the box scores. Speaking of which, did you notice Caitlin's 3 point shooting in her last game? 3-12 = 25%. I also notice that Caitlin only ranked 24th in league 3 point percentage this year. She was 4th on her own team behind Mitchell, Cunningham, and Boston. Still think she's the goat???
Only a miniscule percentage of the nation is aware they are being "dazzled".
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Crutcher

Senior
Feb 2, 2022
344
502
63
All that matters to me is that the WNBA product sucks. The Dream and Liberty can't even get 10,000 fans for a semifinals game.

Nobody cares about the product. They care about the personalities. Clark and Sophie, are I presume, not the best players in the league, but Clark is light years ahead of every other player combined in terms of popularity. It's comical how much more popular she is than the entire league.

The WNBA was nothing without her. I don't care if her team ever wins anything or not. I don't care who wins what in the WNBA. I just love the sideshow drama that the player the league collectively hates the most and openly conspires against is the one single player responsible for any uptick in popularity the league has experienced. They'd still be flying coach in commercial flights if it wasn't for Clark.
So she is a pop star! Not nearly the best player. Gotcha, I'm glad we finally agree!
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,905
3,488
113
So she is a pop star! Not nearly the best player. Gotcha, I'm glad we finally agree!
The whole league is nothing more than a reality show based on women playing basketball. The ?NBA thrives on drama, fashion and catfighting. As a sports league, it simply isn't.

The pop stars of the league are what drive attendance and attention.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lurker123

adcoop

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2004
1,925
1,838
113
All that matters to me is that the WNBA product sucks. The Dream and Liberty can't even get 10,000 fans for a semifinals game.

Nobody cares about the product. They care about the personalities. Clark and Sophie, are I presume, not the best players in the league, but Clark is light years ahead of every other player combined in terms of popularity. It's comical how much more popular she is than the entire league.

The WNBA was nothing without her. I don't care if her team ever wins anything or not. I don't care who wins what in the WNBA. I just love the sideshow drama that the player the league collectively hates the most and openly conspires against is the one single player responsible for any uptick in popularity the league has experienced. They'd still be flying coach in commercial flights if it wasn't for Clark.
1791483709958.png
Attendance at Caitlin Clark games right now. I try not to be a hater on this girl, but your constant pestering just pulls me in. :ROFLMAO:
 

adcoop

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2004
1,925
1,838
113
I feel like its a political statement for some. Virtue signaling, if you will.
1.2 Million (the avg viewership) for the Semi-Finals games over the weekend disagree with you. ...and that is people like myself distracted with the NFL. I just don't get why it is so hard for you to accept that some people just enjoy basketball. Doesn't matter what gender is playing. I notice that with you on a lot of subjects. You get stuck in a rut of your own way of thinking and don't seem to get that there is a large world out there where probably at least half of the people don't think like you. If vertical basketball is what you like (The men's game), then fine. Watch that. However, there is beauty in a more horizontal game that requires more strategy and teamwork to be successful (the women's game).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Crutcher and Skuddy

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
7,092
5,808
113
1.2 Million (the avg viewership) for the Semi-Finals games over the weekend disagree with you. ...and that is people like myself distracted with with the NFL. I just don't get why it is so hard for you to accept that some people just enjoy basketball. Doesn't matter what gender is playing. I notice that with you on a lot of subjects. You get stuck in a rut of your own way of thinking and don't seem to get that there is a large world out there where probably at least half of the people don't think like you. If vertical basketball is what you like (The men's game), then fine. Watch that. However, there is beauty in a more horizontal game that requires more strategy and teamwork to be successful (the women's game).

1.2 million. Exactly.

I am amused how you think that disproves my point rather than proving it.

But we both know how you get confused often.

Have to talked to a Dr yet?
 
Last edited:

SuperCock99

Junior
Jun 21, 2021
341
269
63
I’ll watch if Caitlin Clark and Sophia Cunningham are playing. It’s like the Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen of the WNBA.


At this point I’d watch any WNBA game in place of a Carolina Football game the way this team playing
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

adcoop

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2004
1,925
1,838
113
And my friend for such an otherwise seemingly rational individual, you again bring nothing, either missing the point or just being contrary.
You got me. I'm being a little contrary here. I think a significant segment of the Caitlin Clark fanbase is obnoxious and know very little about basketball. My problem, for the most part, is they don't care to learn. They just want to bully the basketball community around with their money. For the most part, they are like that family member that supposedly gave you the money for the down payment on your house and goes on to aggravate the bleep out of you about it. That family member tends to aggravate you so bad that you take a second job to pay them off so they can shut up.

While I may disagree with you on where Caitlin ranks in the league, I do acknowledge that she was a Top 5 player in the league this year. I still think the talk of her being the best player is crazy talk. The best player in a league does not lead a team to Sixth Place finishes three years in a row. So, not only do I think Caitlin is a little overrated, but I think Kelsey Mitchell and our very own Aliyah Boston are a little overrated by being her teammates. A large segment of the mainstream media would have you believe that the Indiana Fever have 3 of the Top 10 players in the league. This is basketball. You should be a championship level team if you have 3 of the Top 10 players in a league. So, I am basing it off what I see and not just feelings. I do add a little extra sauce on what I say for guys like "18" and "Lurker".
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,937
17,844
113
1.2 million. Exactly.

I am amused how you think that disproves my point rather than proving it.

But we both know how you get confused often.

Have to talked to a Dr yet?
Seriously, dude, why can't you get on board with watching grown women play boys' middle school level basketball? You're so weird.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
7,092
5,808
113
Seriously, dude, why can't you get on board with watching grown women play boys' middle school level basketball? You're so weird.

Now you're going and adding "extra sauce". Im not sure that type of "extra sauce" can be handled!

Seriously, i'll answer you because your posts arent as devastating as that "extra sauce" coop is throwing around.

I can't get on board with watching grown women playing middle school level basketball. I rarely get interested in basketball, even when guys are playing it well. But to watch bad basketball? On purpose?

That makes paint drying seem entertaining.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,905
3,488
113
Asia at her MVP presser: "15-year-old Asia was dreaming about surviving this world."

She went to a school that charges $25K tuition.
She's like that other black woman that overcame the systemic racism that tried to hold her down, Jasmine Crockett.
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,937
17,844
113
She's like that other black woman that overcame the systemic racism that tried to hold her down, Jasmine Crockett.

I don't know why journalists are so afraid to point out the lies. Like with Reese claiming there were no black dolls when she was a kid when, in fact, there had been dozens upon dozens of black dolls. Hundreds. Of all other ethnicities as well.

Asia's education at Heathwood Hall cost more than the entire of my education all the way through grad school. She grew up more privileged than anyone in this forum, but she wants to paint herself as overcoming adversity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lurker123
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 TheBigSpur Football South Carolina at Florida | Saturday Six Pack
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Carolina Confidential - Final thoughts on South Carolina vs. Florida
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Baseball Baseball Insider: What we're hearing after South Carolina's first scrimmage win over High Point
  4. 04 TheBigSpur Carolina Gameday | Saturday morning speed read | South Carolina at 16 Florida
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Baseball Photos: Gamecocks roll past High Point in Fall Exhibition