Wireless Router recs/info needed and appreciated.

Dally1up

Heisman
Jun 29, 2001
11,164
24,891
113
I guess I have let technology get beyond me in my old age. I currently have a simple Netgear wireless router (300 mbps I believe). Normally use it for home office (mac and a laptop) and of course a couple of phones/ipad for data in the house.

Recently internet speeds go down from 10-20kbps to 1-2kbps in other rooms of the house on a device. Note: mac speed sitting next to router is normal.

My guess is the router is bad?

We are now utilizing wireless for firestick, netflix, etc besides what is listed above.

What direction should I go without overspending? Do I need dual-band router? Out in the country with line of sight/radio type internet 10-20kbps.
 

TPOKE

Heisman
Jul 14, 2001
19,088
27,111
113
I guess I have let technology get beyond me in my old age. I currently have a simple Netgear wireless router (300 mbps I believe). Normally use it for home office (mac and a laptop) and of course a couple of phones/ipad for data in the house.

Recently internet speeds go down from 10-20kbps to 1-2kbps in other rooms of the house on a device. Note: mac speed sitting next to router is normal.

My guess is the router is bad?

We are now utilizing wireless for firestick, netflix, etc besides what is listed above.

What direction should I go without overspending? Do I need dual-band router? Out in the country with line of sight/radio type internet 10-20kbps.
https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/home-wifi-router-help.76978/#post-1333037

This was a thread awhile back.
 

Dally1up

Heisman
Jun 29, 2001
11,164
24,891
113
Thanks, found a thread over on TMB as well. Everything I read on Orbi is fantastic.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  3. 03 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers