10 yr / $140 million from the Dodgers. Will Smith Performance Center coming to a left field near you?
10 yr / $140 million from the Dodgers. Will Smith Performance Center coming to a left field near you?
Great point BardmanSmith, Detmers, Miller, Duvall, Chad - (a couple of guys I am forgetting …) these guys could really help out program if they choose to do so.
Can someone remind me why the hold up on the new facility? It's been about 3 years since Kroger offered to donate $3M for the project.10 yr / $140 million from the Dodgers. Will Smith Performance Center coming to a left field near you?
That's not good. Ick, if true.The way I understood it was they used that money for something else. Don't know if that's true or not.
That's an excellent point. Cost of construction has sky rocketed. Of course, that's not stopping the university from building a $90M engineering hub. I'm aware athletics and academia have separate budgets.The last update I saw was related to the high increase in cost of construction materials. This project was spec'd out pre-covid at a cost of $12 million. PVC, steel, and lumber all saw astronomical increases during and post-Covid. I'm not even sure they have begun to look at it again. What was a $12 million dollar facility could have easily escalated to $30 million in a short time.
So that void needs to be filled...by someone or lots of someones .The last update I saw was related to the high increase in cost of construction materials. This project was spec'd out pre-covid at a cost of $12 million. PVC, steel, and lumber all saw astronomical increases during and post-Covid. I'm not even sure they have begun to look at it again. What was a $12 million dollar facility could have easily escalated to $30 million in a short time.
Cardinal Sports Football
Projecting Louisville's offensive depth chart going into Florida State game
Cardinal Sports Football
How to watch Louisville at Florida State: Storylines, TV times and more
Cardinal Sports Football
Louisville vs. Florida State: 5 names to know
Rivals Football Recruiting
Louisville offers JUCO DB with local roots
Cardinal Sports Football
Louisville football: Bowl projections