"Why Not Us"

quincy101

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2007
1,967
1,213
113
This was (not likely anymore), the mantra of the US men's national soccer team. I'm sure it referenced their outsized chance to win the World Cup in June this year held in the States, Mexico & Canada. However today, our lads played the Belgium national team in a friendly in Atlanta & got demolished, 5-1. Of course, Belgium is a better team than us and was favored. But 5-1? I expected a much better showing & some momentum heading into the WC. After this fiasco, expect an instant replay in 3 days vs Portugal, a team higher rated than Belgium. Our group stage opponents must be dancing in the streets after today.
 

nevadanatural

All-American
Dec 3, 2003
13,460
7,960
113
It was 5-2 but thats not much better. We mishit a bunch of balls on the box in the first half. I don’t think thus is the final squad we see in the cup thus summer.
 

drboobay

All-American
Dec 4, 2003
14,729
9,605
113
Played fairly well in the first half.

Without both Chris Richards and Tyler Adams today but it it unacceptable to give up five goals. Some of these guys clearly don't belong.

I think we will play much better against Portugal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: quincy101

Loca5174

All-American
Jan 23, 2008
10,856
5,728
113
This was (not likely anymore), the mantra of the US men's national soccer team. I'm sure it referenced their outsized chance to win the World Cup in June this year held in the States, Mexico & Canada. However today, our lads played the Belgium national team in a friendly in Atlanta & got demolished, 5-1. Of course, Belgium is a better team than us and was favored. But 5-1? I expected a much better showing & some momentum heading into the WC. After this fiasco, expect an instant replay in 3 days vs Portugal, a team higher rated than Belgium. Our group stage opponents must be dancing in the streets after today.
5-2 thats why not us
 

quincy101

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2007
1,967
1,213
113
I turned it off after 5-1. It was making me sick. Who scored our 2nd goal?
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football searching for answers after second straight loss
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener