Why don't we get bowl practice time equivalent

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,248
16,420
113
It looks like the teams that really need the extra practice days are those that didn't make a bowl.
Otherwise it just further separates the better teams from the weaker teams by giving them extra practice days.

Being mostly a basketball fan I have never understood the logic in preventing non-bowl football teams to have some extra practices too.
 

lawpoke87

Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
166,795
20,789
82
Assume because without a game to be played the kids want to go home and spend the xmas break with their families.
 

rusty-c

All-Conference
Dec 28, 2009
3,973
3,046
0
I would assume the content and context of practice when preparing for a game would be quite different for those who are just trying to get their house in order.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4tu2
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb warns Tulsa defense: 'Number six is a real problem'