Who's Worried About Winter Heating Costs?

What Would Jesus Do?

All-Conference
Nov 28, 2010
35,750
4,996
113
I've been hearing projections that heating costs will rise between 30% and 100% this winter. And that's on top of high prices last winter.

Heating oil is set to go up the most.

When I was a kid, our house used heating oil. Big tank out back. I don't know anyone who uses it now, but I guess some do.

I rely on gas now. Old fashioned radiators. On the coldest days, I may supplement with an electric room heater or 2.

What about you guys?
 

Rifler

All-American
Jan 26, 2011
6,070
6,912
113
Not worried,... I'll set the thermostat and pay my gas bill.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fac

Riveting

All-Conference
Aug 24, 2020
7,413
4,364
113
Germany.

They should have listened to Trump when he warned them in term 1 they were dangerously dependent on Russia for natural gas.
 

baltimorened

All-American
May 29, 2001
8,807
6,476
113
I've been hearing projections that heating costs will rise between 30% and 100% this winter. And that's on top of high prices last winter.

Heating oil is set to go up the most.

When I was a kid, our house used heating oil. Big tank out back. I don't know anyone who uses it now, but I guess some do.

I rely on gas now. Old fashioned radiators. On the coldest days, I may supplement with an electric room heater or 2.

What about you guys?
not worried. when I retired I knew I would go neither hungry or cold --- I later added hot.

I know how to manage money...as my advisor said recently, "you keep adding to the pile"

so not worried. In fact I might add a little to my donation to the heating funds for others.
 

Fac

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2001
2,020
2,212
113
What aren't you worried about?
The sky is falling!
 

LafayetteBear

Heisman
Nov 30, 2009
35,115
10,595
113
I am. For a week in January when it may dip into the 30s.
Are you in the Panhandle area? Convenient for attending FSU games, but it definitely gets a bit colder there in the winter than it does in South Florida. Even then, your weather has got to be pretty mild. Here in the East Bay, we get a number of nights in December when it drops down into the 30's, and occasionally to freezing. But that is infrequent. I can live with the natural gas bills.
 

SeaPA

All-Conference
Dec 17, 2002
1,608
3,890
113
I live in central Florida. I use my pool year-round, so I'm not overly worried about heating costs.
 

ClemsonInAtlanta

All-Conference
Jan 20, 2019
1,016
1,611
113
Not poor so I’m not personally worried. However, I’m not a piece of s**t so my heart does go out to hardworking Americans that didn’t vote for this disaster of an administration but are forced to deal with the consequences.

I do hope that Trump supporters have their lives ruined by what they voted for. Those “people” deserve nothing but suffering and misery. I hope they all lose their homes and jobs
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Quarterback
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football The big question for Clemson Football ahead of the second half of the season
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson loses linebacker commitment
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Four-star Reece Wilmes weighs in on Clemson visit
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Linebacker