Who's our closer today?

Lawdawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Jul 22, 2012
5,352
1,215
113
Didn’t he only throw 30-something pitches? Maybe he’s available for 1 inning...

Stinnett is likely the answer.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,077
7,310
113
Still plenty of pen. Harding, Koestler, Stinnett, Tullar. And Johnson only threw 25 last night. This Vandy lineup is not Ark, OM or even LSU
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I would love if Fristoe and Harding could combine for 7 or 8 innings today. Then you just need Stinnett for an inning or two on the back end.
 

ababyatemydingo

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2008
4,042
3,023
113
Would be awesome if Cerentola came in in the 7th, with nasty, nasty stuff, and shut it down to win the series. Talk about a confidence boost. That's just what he needs to be a serious factor in a drive for Omaha.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,421
31,618
113
Think he threw 36, and about half of those were in tough situations in the 7th. Don’t think I’d bring him back for a regular season game. Maybe just a batter or 2 if absolutely needed.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
Think he threw 36, and about half of those were in tough situations in the 7th. Don’t think I’d bring him back for a regular season game. Maybe just a batter or 2 if absolutely needed.

Agreed. I don’t need to see Sims today. We are known for our pitching depth. We should use it today, win or lose.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,306
6,696
113
That’s it. Get a nice cushion and bring him him. If it’s a one or two run game, no thanks.
 

ababyatemydingo

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2008
4,042
3,023
113
That’s it. Get a nice cushion and bring him him. If it’s a one or two run game, no thanks.


I think we score at least 6 today. They have a pretty big drop-off in starting pitching talent once you get past Rocker and Leiter. If Fristoe is on today, we have a pretty big pitching advantage.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch