Who're you pulling for?

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,690
14,539
113
England or Argentina?

I suppose I'll go with England since my ancestors came from there about 400 years ago.
England GIF
 
  • Like
Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,308
14,874
113
England. I picked them as my rooting interest among the teams that could legitimately win it early on. Sticking with it.

I hope it’s 8-7 and Messi, Kane and Bellingham all have hat tricks.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,308
14,874
113
Dumb question for you futbol freaks. Are the the various flags with different names on them that English and Argentine fans have draped around the stadium for different club teams back home??
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,542
31,800
113
Can they both lose? I'll pull for England because I think they're more likely to lose to Spain and Argentina won it last time. I do think the real final was yesterday though.
 

maroontide06

Senior
Dec 14, 2023
965
943
93
Yes, they do speak some version of English there. Or is it - we speak some version of English here?
That's a good question. When I was in high school we had a group of foreign exchange students from England and I kid you not, I couldn't understand one word they said. It might as well have been Mandarin or some sort of language spoken on the other side of the globe.
 

L4Dawg

All-American
Oct 27, 2016
11,827
8,284
113
Ref has done well so far but you know THE call for Argentina is coming eventually.
 

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,246
8,126
113
Messi drew three defenders, which left Fernandez wide open at the top of the penalty area. Great strike to tie the game
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list