MacCleod
Bednar
Fristoe
I don't trust Cerantola.
I like your three. At the very least, if Bednar isn't quite ready to throw starter innings, he should be queued for long relief behind Cerantola with a quick hook ready if Cerantola's not throwing strikes.
I like your three. At the very least, if Bednar isn't quite ready to throw starter innings, he should be queued for long relief behind Cerantola with a quick hook ready if Cerantola's not throwing strikes.
MacLeod
Bednar
Fristoe
I don't trust Cerantola.
Friday - MacLeod
Saturday - Bednar
Sunday - Cerantola
As in warming up in the bullpen before the first pitch is thrown.
and he is always going to follow up a good inning with a rough or at least scary one.
Agreed, and if we’re being honest, any trust that fans want to put in Cerantola is blind hope. His stuff is electric, I get it. But in 3 years, he’s got a 4.5 ERA, and he’s averaging 1 hit AND either a BB or a HBP per inning. He’s never been consistent, and he is always going to follow up a good inning with a rough or at least scary one. That’s not starting material with a pitching staff like this.
I love watching the guy pitch, but we’ve got too much talent on this roster to keep starting him on weekends.
Friday - MacLeod
Saturday - Bednar
Sunday - Cerantola
No issue at all if that’s your opinion, but was Saturday really proof of improvement or the outlier?
It was great to see, no doubt, but two things scare me about Cerantola. His lack of control which he has displayed many more times than not throughout his career, and his hanging breaking ball that tends to get knocked out of the park on occasion. With that combo, it’s no wonder as to why a good outing suddenly turns into a bad one following a walk, a hit batter, then a 3-run bomb.
I think Cerantola’s getting a start, so I guess it’s a moot point, but I’ll start to feel infinitely better if we watch him go 5 innings with 1 run and no BBs against SEC competition
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
Maroon and White
Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama