Who was it that...

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
Wanted to revisit a $50 Egg Bowl bet the week of? Drebin? I'm too lazy to search for it, it was weeks ago. Also if he doesnt want to take it I'll put it out there for anyone on the board. Even odds, straight up, but I wont put up more than $50. We revisit it if the game is postponed.
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,768
2,536
113
How manly of you. Willing to take a straight up bet when your team is a 10 point favorite. Really going out on a limb there
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,768
2,536
113
Your surprised someone isn’t man enough to take a bet straight up that they can get +10 anywhere else? Are you really that stupid?
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
That was what I offered five or so weeks ago. It wasnt taken then so I'm offering again.

It's the Egg Bowl featuring two **** teams. It's a toss up regardless of what Vegas says and you know it. Whoever it was at the time was talking **** about Ole Miss being all hype and I'm sure they still believe that and will put up if they are "man enough," as you insist on putting it.
 
Last edited:

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
I have a fresh offer. If Mississippi State wins you kiss my ***. If Ole Miss wins you kiss your ***. I'll even give you the 10 points.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
How manly of you. Willing to take a straight up bet when your team is a 10 point favorite. Really going out on a limb there

Haha! I will also take any other double digit favorite straight up for $50 (or $100 or $250) any game and any week. Y’all just let me know!
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,768
2,536
113
How nice of you to “offer” a straight up bet when OM is a 2 score favorite. I can’t believe nobody took it the first time****
 
Last edited:

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,328
6,717
113
How about if State wins you lose posting privileges and if Ole Miss wins you go 17 off?
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Just trying to help: https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/sho...-going-to-pull-this-off&p=1835030#post1835030

I for one would not take this bet. I think State will win this game. Rogers will look like Week 1 Costello. MSU will get pressure on Corral and he'll have an Arkansas-esque performance. State by 10.
Drebin is MIA since the election. But to the game......as always the Egg Bowl will boil down to who brings the physicality. Who is maddest at the other team? Hard to answer that this year, there's not much bad blood. I'd bet on MSU being more motivated at this point, though. But even still they may not win the game, Ole Miss is going to flex its offensive talent. 45-35 Ole Miss.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Drebin is MIA since the election

 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
The bet was offered on 10/11. No one was a favorite. It doesn't matter as he apparently hasn't been on SPS in three weeks. He said OM was probably a win for State and I asked him to put money on it, he declined and said revisit it.

I hadn't even looked at the line when I posted this, and I'm surprised given your showing last week that the line is what it is. You are correct that I wouldn't expect anyone else to take the bet given the line unless they had a preference for taking my money instead of Vegas' money.
 

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,768
2,536
113
Even 5 weeks ago the way state was playing most thought the line would be where it is.
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
I would say so but that is not what Drebin was saying and I asked him if he wanted to bet on it.
 

tenureplan

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2008
8,582
1,220
113
Will the jury please look at exhibit number one as to why we view them as douchebags?
 

WutheringDawg

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2010
2,207
1,165
113
I’ll bet you 50,000 dollars cash that is in my mattress right now but will only take the alternative line Mississippi State -17. Take it or leave it, final offer. I’ll meet you at Club Kemistry on state street in 1 hour to transact the deal.
 

kb549

Sophomore
Oct 6, 2014
835
141
43
I wouldn’t vote on State straight up if we were a 30 point favorite. If 125 years of State football and 116 meetings between The Bulldogs and The Cheaters Up Near Tupelo (The C.U.N.T.s for short) has taught us nothing else, it is State will always let you down if you bet for or against them.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,708
19,608
113
If the situation was reverse and Ole Miss was the team with only 49 scholarship players, starting a true Freshman at QB and RB, 8 O Lineman available then add in all the missing defensive players along with starting a Walk-ON, two Freshman and a Sophomore in the Defensive back field, I still would not be on you board taking ****. You are a ******* loser you prick. We are supposed to lose. I would be embarrassed that the point spread wasn't more. You better hope your team wins. Go to hell you **** wald.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar