Who know's best ....

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,171
4,731
113
who should play? Watched the Jay Norvell press conference yesterday. There were media members who suggested to Jay (seven years of head coaching experience) who should move up the roster and get more carries.

I think I'll leave it up to the guys who watch them every day. With Moulton questionable and Phillips not 100%, it will probably be McNeil or Williams with the start. Jackson will probably get a few carries also. Jay will go with who has the hot hand. I think Michigan will focus on stopping the run and make Brown beat them with his arm.

If their front four stops the run, it will be a long day. Their D-line and O-line are massive.
 
Last edited:

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,567
13,565
113
who should play? Watched the Jay Norvell press conference yesterday. There were media members who suggested to Jay (seven years of head coaching experience) who should move up the roster and get more carries.

I thonk I'll leave it up to the guys who watch them every day. With Moulton questionable and Phillips not 100%, it will probably be McNeil or Williams with the start. Jackson will probably get a few carries also. Jay will go with who has the hot hand. I think Michigan will focus on stopping the run and make Brown beat them with his arm.

If their front four stops the run, it will be a long day. Their D-line and O-line are massive.
It's likely going to be a long day for both offenses ala Iowa-ISU.
 

eyesofhawk

All-Conference
Apr 17, 2011
3,458
3,358
113
who should play? Watched the Jay Norvell press conference yesterday. There were media members who suggested to Jay (seven years of head coaching experience) who should move up the roster and get more carries.

I thonk I'll leave it up to the guys who watch them every day. With Moulton questionable and Phillips not 100%, it will probably be McNeil or Williams with the start. Jackson will probably get a few carries also. Jay will go with who has the hot hand. I think Michigan will focus on stopping the run and make Brown beat them with his arm.

If their front four stops the run, it will be a long day. Their D-line and O-line are massive.
Moulton will start.

Will also see a lot of 3-3-5 from Michigan
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,959
4,404
113
It's likely going to be a long day for both offenses ala Iowa-ISU.
I hope we throw on first down with quick passing to back them off and then keep mixing it up, go off schedule with those first down passes and some 3rd and 7 runs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nu2u

toddhawk

Sophomore
Sep 11, 2002
79
163
33
It's the standing joke we use in our family year-round for 20 years now (even though it's more true than funny): After further review, Touchdown Michigan. We use it during basketball, when watching other teams play, when my wife and I have a disagreement.. (that one doesn't go well for me....)
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Live from the Press Box
  2. 02 On3 Football ESPN College GameDay: Picks for Week 5, Ohio State at Iowa
  3. 03 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell